IGNORED

Somethings wrong...

Redwing

Just now, siteunseen said:

That chew toy in his mouth was almost a foot long two days ago.  I sleep with a chastity belt on. ROFL

Ahhh, I take it that he has transferred his chewing onto objects of his eye, and off your house?  Good trade!

You silly goose...

A window sill can be replaced, not my doodle. 

He's so much different personality than Jelly was.  Took some getting used to but I love it now, he's a silly goose like me but sober. LOL

We're in the bed watching American Dad now, he likes cartoons as much as me but he likes the visual, I like the no anxiety and laughing.  

"That's all folks" should be the end of the day for everyone not just Porky Pig.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Jai. Just a note on the clutch job. Before installation, compare the height of the old pressure plate and the new one. Datsun uses several different PP heights and the appropriate length clutch bearing collar has to go with the PP. Can't remember if the Exedy kit comes with collar and TO bearing or TP bearing only.  Sometimes the aftermarket PP will be a different height but the TO Brg collar is longer/shorter to compensate. It is the overall stack height that matters.

I prefer re-using the Nissan collars if possible, as they are originally made out of steel, and most replacements these days are plastic. Don't allow your mechanic to throw out the old metal TO Brg sleeve. Save it for future generations!!. 

Assuming that the above  is OK, you " may " run into a hard to shift problem when you replace the clutch kit. Fear not, This is a quite common problem. If the clutch Master Cylinder is old, it may start bypassing fluid by the internal seals after replacing a clutch kit. The reason being is the the old PP springs get weak over time and as the disc wears. The new PP springs are usually a bit stronger and just the leverage  difference with a new disc can put more pressure on the hydraulics. The Clutch Master cylinder then leaks internally past the worn seal lips. 

The slave cylinders are usually OK. They are originally made out of cast iron and with stand pitting and wear from contamination better than the aluminium Clutch Master Cylinder. Your mechanic should flush the old clutch hydraulic fluid ( Brake fluid ) when he does the clutch job. 

Edited by Chickenman

5 hours ago, Lumens said:

Jai, be sure to budget in a transmission gear oil change too.

Who knows when or if it was ever changed.

Hi Lumens 

I was advised to not change the Trans oil unless necessary.  I think it was noted, that might be opening a can of worms.  But innocent me does not know what is right.  

I need to have more info.  Plus this jumps up the $ involved, and not sure I can do it anyway for that reason.  I might not have enough $ to run the rest of the month if I use all my S.S. now.

Thank you,

Jai

Hi all,

Yesterday the clutch parts arrived.  Yesssss....  I talked to Pete and I am scheduled to take Redbird to him on Thursday morning.    This is getting real exciting now.  

Also, I finally did a run with her, testing to see if the alcohol had any effect on the maybe water in the gas tank.  I drove 22 miles, and really put her thru her paces.  We drove in all sorts of tests.  Fast, slow, quick stops, slow stops, very quick starting...  anything I could think of to try to get her to stall/shutdown, nothing.  Nothing had any effect on her, she drove like a champ..  I had warmed her before leaving, and she was fully hot during the driving.  Maybe the page has turned on her dying episodes.  But then again, it did happen intermittently, so we will have to wait and see.  But it sure was a wonderful drive, my grin went from door to door.  

I did discuss finances with Pete again.  He seems to be content with me paying when I can.  But what he does not know is my lack of ability to pay him.  I just do not have much extra $ in my account anytime.  By the time I pay my "have too's" at the start of each month, there is very little left for the rest of the month, to use for food, gas, or any unforseen expenses.  Those unforseen ones are the beasts.  No time to figure how to pay them, they just suddenly happen and demand cash.  I think those are universal to everyone.  Ugh.

Well that is the latest news folks, guess I'll quit now and go back to my nervous fidgeting, waiting for Thursday.  

Again, many thanks for all of your assistance in getting myself and Redbird to this point.

Jai   :bunny:

• Like 2

Jai I mow a few yards around here for nice people that need a little help now and again, never ask for money.  Sometimes I'll get a big ole plate wrapped in foil sitting in the bed of my truck of food like Mom cooks.  Sometimes just a honest Thank You and a smile like you described, "door to door".  I don't have much income either but a lot of "come on in" around here.  Nothing better than having good friendly neighbors.  If the police tried to get me they'd have to arrest the whole neighborhood. :)

It'll workout for you and Pete.  Try and not worry too much, good things happen to good people.

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 3

Just now, siteunseen said:

Jai I mow a few yards around here for nice people that need a little help now and again, never ask for money.  Sometimes I'll get a big ole plate wrapped in foil sitting in the bed of my truck of food like Mom cooks.  Sometimes just a honest Thank You and a smile like you described, "door to door".  I don't have much income either but a lot of "come on in" around here.  Nothing better than having good friendly neighbors.  If the police tried to get me they'd have to arrest the whole neighborhood. :)

Site, 

I knew you were just too cool for words!  That is so neat of you doing that for your neighbors, if more people would do things like that, this world would be a lot better off. 

I believe that it is up to each of us to help others, be it only a smile or kind word when noticing a need.  That can really make someone's day, besides it feels good inside us too.  A win win.

John Lennon said it right,   Love, love, love...  all you need is love!     :love:

Have a blessed day,

Jai

• Like 2

Surprise, a really neat member sent me a donation for part of the clutch repair.  I'm astonished,  this is so gerat.  

Thank you my friend!

Just thought you all might enjoy hearing this super news.  I'm blessed.

Jai

Edited by Redwing
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2017 at 3:00 AM, Redwing said:

Fast, slow, quick stops, slow stops, very quick starting.

Hi Jai, I'm really surprised you got this from a worn out clutch. Specifically the "very quick starting". Hope you have no more problems with her.

Good luck and keep us informed. 

• Like 1

Supercalafragalisticexpealodosis.....

Guess what?  ANOTHER member has shared $ with me, to be applied to the clutch installation!  

Oh my goodness, the folks on this list are the MOST WONDERFUL GIVING people on the net.  

I am so happy to belong to such a special group.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you my friend!!!    

Jai

Edited by Redwing
  • Like 1