IGNORED

Somethings wrong...

Redwing

On 6/5/2017 at 10:28 AM, SteveJ said:

You'll need to prioritize. As you said, that's more than one day's work to diagnose and correct.

Ah yes, I did.  As of Sunday the flashers resumed working, for now.  They will quit again.  As of today, Pete put freon in the A/C, not finding the green wire either.    Nice to have both of these working.  

My opinion is that the list should be prioritized by which needs to be done first due to safety..  Your choice to go as short or as far with the list as you have time and/or feel like.  Pete will continue on with the A/C, so I'll  leave it off the list.

1)  Flashers, if they are non working again.  Actually, I am hoping they will quit so the problem can be diagnosed and fixed finally.

2)  Horn

3)  Back up lights

4)  Tach

If you get this far, the 2 left are not safety oriented,

1)  Door spring 

2)  Radio.

If time is available, your choice.  I don't care.

Thank you very much,

Jai

1 hour ago, Redwing said:

Ah yes, I did.  As of Sunday the flashers resumed working, for now.  They will quit again.  As of today, Pete put freon in the A/C, not finding the green wire either.    Nice to have both of these working.  

My opinion is that the list should be prioritized by which needs to be done first due to safety..  Your choice to go as short or as far with the list as you have time and/or feel like.  Pete will continue on with the A/C, so I'll  leave it off the list.

1)  Flashers, if they are non working again.  Actually, I am hoping they will quit so the problem can be diagnosed and fixed finally.

2)  Horn

3)  Back up lights

4)  Tach

If you get this far, the 2 left are not safety oriented,

1)  Door spring 

2)  Radio.

If time is available, your choice.  I don't care.

Thank you very much,

Jai

1. We can look at the switch and flasher unit. (About 1.5 hours or so if I need to clean the switch)

2. If it's the relay, I'll have to improvise a fix. (About an hour or so)

3. We can get the car on ramps so I can get under it and check the switch. I may have a replacement switch, but I'm not sure. (About an hour or less)

4. I have 2.2KOhm resistors. They do burn out. I have a test procedure worked out in my head to confirm. (About an hour or less if I'm right)

Bonus round:

1. That's a couple of hours to fix. It requires me to take the window out, etc. Others could probably do it faster, but I just don't move that fast. It's been about 8 years since the last time I did I took the door apart.

2. You'll need to give me more info on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

Time is getting close.   Unfortunately I am having the end of month money woes again.  I was doing ok, until I adopted a 6 pound waif.  The PO assured me that Lissa at 10 months old, had all of her puppy shots.  I went by her vet to pick up the records.  Short story, they only gave her one "7 in 1" shot on 1/3/17, instead of the needed series, leaving her open to illnesses.  That night Lissa seemed to have a fever so I ran her to my vet in the A.M.  After tests and meds issued, Lissa thankfully was not sick, to the tune of $142.  There went my savings, I now have $40 in the bank.  Not sure if that will get gas enough to allow me to drive to you and back home.  I'll  try to borrow some $.

BUT, this very sweet little girl Lissa is now protected from illnesses.  She is a real doll, great with all things needed, like potty training.   She is just what I needed to give me sunshine once again in my life, I'm smiling a lot now.  Here is a photo of her.  

I'll  get back to you about the trip over to your house.  Let me know what day will work out for you.  Hopefully there will be no rain, I do not drive Redbird out in the rain.  

Thank you,

Jai

20170619_204157_1498059646158.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Well now, what a sweet looking little girl you've got there!  Congratulations, everything else is secondary from here on. :)

She's smiling too!

Thank you Site, she is exactly what I needed.  Such a little love bug too.    :love:    The second part of your comment is all so true.  They give their all, it is the least I can do for her.   Happy happy happy...  We need a a current photo of your Buddy too.

Jai

• Like 1

When he sits still long enough I'll post a picture. Maybe I can catch him while he's sleeping? He is still a big ole puppy though and there ain't much chance of sneaking up on him! He'd been a good dog for Clint Eastwood. Remember that movie when the old Indian tells him he's noticed when people sneak up on him they get shot. LOL

I can't sneeze without him "come a runnin'". He's super protective of the one that feeds him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dmorales-bello said:

That Lissa is a sweet looking girl, Jai. I'm sure she will be a great (and healthy) companion for you for a long time! Great deed!

Gosh that's the truth, so sweet  She is full of kisses especially in the morning when I wake up, all wags and wiggles.  I really have to be careful, she is very quick in everything she does, especially kissing.  She works very hard to try to French kiss me all the time.  Ptooey!  Very quick.  Hahaha.  When I laugh at her it really excites her even more.  Such a zooming wiggle butt.   I finally found a toy small enough for her mouth.  It is a tiny stuffed dog that is off a key chain, and about 3 inches long.  She really loves it.

Thanks for your fine comment.  You all will be seeing lots of pictures of Lissa in RedBird, next to RedBird, in my chair by RedBird, and more.   After all, this is a Zcar list, I have to keep her photos legal.   :P

We have such a good time together, this was made in heaven.  I am blessed...

Jai

• Like 1

Great photo, glad he has a lady to spend time with.  Buddy looks in super condition. I'd  imagine he has to keep himself muscled up tho, just for the females sake.  They like eye candy too.  

As to the lost balls, I'm  fairly certain that HE did not have them taken off, not normally a male choice.  But rather someone (you?) made that decision for him.  Has he forgiven you yet?

Thanks for sharing the photo.

Jai

• Like 2