IGNORED

Rotisserie Mounting Points

Careless

On 10/23/2016 at 8:46 AM, Diseazd said:

You guys are awesome....I love your creativity.....grannyknot, I'm impressed....Careless...where is the final shot of your first Resto? I know how you feel....once restoration is done, you're ready for the next.....the fun is in making something ugly beautiful again. How's this for a before and after.....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

VEEEEEEEERRRRRRRYYYYYY NIIIIIIIIIIIICCCEE!

On 3/3/2018 at 2:13 PM, 87mj said:

So MadKaw, for the fronts are you still planning to mount at the sway bar?  That's really all I could think of but I would want to make sure I had a visibly good quality body & paint job around the sway bar mount points when I was finished.  I have seen so many times, that area of the car is allowed to be rough when completed.

Not sure yet. That’s what I would like to do, but it’s a little more work then using bumper mounts. 

6 hours ago, madkaw said:

Maybe my question should have asked how high are the rear bumper mount holes above the ground when the car is high enough to rotate. That would probably be the best reference point to build around. 

I will check. May be Friday or Saturday...

On 3/8/2018 at 1:01 AM, madkaw said:

No hurry - still have some cutting to do before welding :)

Center line on the rotisserie pivots is 52.5" AFF (Above Finished Floor). Front bumper mounts up front are 49" AFF.  Rear bumper mounts are 47" AFF. The cross bar connecting the ends is 11.5" AFF . The car is pretty neutral like this when it's all stripped...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have it twirling but still bottom heavy. I can man handle it around but it isn’t neutral . Being trying a basically 2” difference front to rear based on Charles numbers . I can have an effect on the effort by adjusting things but can’t seem to find a neutral balance . So is it a very small window of adjustment to find neutral? 

C9A72838-7746-483F-8079-67390B94484C.jpeg

14 minutes ago, madkaw said:

Well I have it twirling but still bottom heavy. I can man handle it around but it isn’t neutral . Being trying a basically 2” difference front to rear based on Charles numbers . I can have an effect on the effort by adjusting things but can’t seem to find a neutral balance . So is it a very small window of adjustment to find neutral? 

So you used my numbers but your not close to neutral? I have to swing it a little but not much...the car your spinning is an early car, correct?

It might be close to neutral - not sure what to expect as far as force required to spin it upside down. I was hoping to be able to set it on it’s side and stay there - but not neutral enough for that. If all else fails I will put a winch gear on there to put it where I want .

yes 1970

Edited by madkaw