IGNORED

Can this fuel line be used as part of the EFI Unit?

MattSaint

" Even compared to the electronic fuel injection systems of today, the MFI system has a very high injection pressure. Fuel is squirted out of the injectors at a remarkably high 220-250 PSI. This high pressure aids in the atomization of the fuel, which in turn increases the surface area of the mixture. This results in a more efficient and complete burn of the fuel."

Found that on Pelican Parts, very reputable Porsche Parts house

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/101_Projects_Porsche_911/30-Mfi_Info/30-Mfi_Info.htm

If it can handle those kinds of pressures it will be fine for a Z. Are they the right ID size?

Pretty sure the Datsun EFI hose is 8mm.  7mm will be tight.  The ad copy doesn't say it's used as high pressure hose either, to be sure.  MFI systems have vacuum and vent lines too.  Just saying...

Here's their 8mm fuel hose.  Have to say that most shops give the pressure rating.  Not a great web page.  http://www.partsklassik.com/p-306-8-mm-smooth-fuel-hose.aspx

5/16" is the non-metric analog, n case you search around the internet other options.

The 8mm is smooth.  You can get that at your local parts store.  As far as quality, what they've done is move the fibers to inside the body of the hose wall.  And they added a fluoropolymer coating inside for gasoline and ethanol resistance.  That repro hose is probably of lower quality for today's usages.

When I said "tight" I meant "probably won't fit".  Sorry to be so full of negative news.  Good luck.

I didn't take anything you said as being negative, I would rather have someone tell me if I am purchasing an inferior product.  I appreciate you taking the time to research and explain.  I'll keep looking and if I find something suitable I will be sure to post it here.

Cheers!

One last thing.  I've seen a few MFI Mercedes Benz systems.  Aren't the high pressure lines metal?  The hose to the mechanical pump might be rubber, but I think that final distribution lines are metal tube.

Got this picture from Patcon's link.  Porsche 911.

P MFI.PNG

If I'm reading the numbers correctly, the hose in the picture is Cohline type 2122, and the catalog page can be found here:
http://www.newcoproducts.com/cohline/catalog_page19.htm

And on the catalog page, it says it conforms to DIN 73379 type B.

If your still interested, research that standard online and see if it fits the application?