IGNORED

Classic Zcar Club forums mentioned on Mecum Auctions Monterrey broadcast

norcal z

30 minutes ago, norcal z said:

Mike, yes, it was the orange '71.  I came in on the broadcast after it had begun, so I don't know who the guys in the booth were.  It was on NBCSN.

Thanks for letting me know.  I looked for the broadcast on Youtube but it hasn't been posted yet.  

Hello everyone! I'm Mike, the new owner of the 1971 240z from the Mecum auction. I went in wanting to buy the 1970 240z and I stopped bidding at $24,500 and the reserve wasn't met. It was a beautiful car and I would have been a bit worried to drive the car. The 71 automatic that I ended up with needs some work and I'm ok with it. I won't feel so bad if it gets a rock chip in the paint from driving it. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about these cars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey Mike, congrats on your new Z and welcome to the forum. Anything you need to know about your car you can find it here, either in the archives or from just asking. I think you got a pretty good deal, I hope you are not put off by the stigma of the 'automatic', it's nonsense. If you don't like it it is easily changed out for a 4 or 5 speed manual and has been mentioned above, auto's are only going to climb in price as familiarity with the stick disappears with us old farts.

Chris

• Like 1

Hey, Mike, as Chris said, welcome to the club and congrats on your purchase!   I understand your comment about being concerned about driving a car that's too nice; I'd also rather have one that I don't worry about driving.  Good luck with it, start a thread and post lots of pics as you sort through it and make it yours. 

7 hours ago, Getnjgywitit said:

Hello everyone! I'm Mike, the new owner of the 1971 240z from the Mecum auction. I went in wanting to buy the 1970 240z and I stopped bidding at $24,500 and the reserve wasn't met. It was a beautiful car and I would have been a bit worried to drive the car. The 71 automatic that I ended up with needs some work and I'm ok with it. I won't feel so bad if it gets a rock chip in the paint from driving it. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about these cars!

Welcome to the club!  So glad to see you on here after winning the auction.  Feel free to roam around and use the search tool in case you ever need to look up something.  We have quite a lot of archived information here so you're in the right place.  Take a look at the garage area and upload a few pics of your new toy to our gallery.  Anyway, welcome to Z-ownership, it's an extremely rewarding hobby.  I know I love it. :)

7 hours ago, Getnjgywitit said:

Mike, is this your new car?  Just trying to place the car because I think there were three on auction.

Screenshot 2016-09-04 10.13.24.png

Mike, is this your new car?  Just trying to place the car because I think there were three on auction.

Screenshot 2016-09-04 10.13.24.png

That would be it!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I just picked up a 5 speed for it yesterday an have a pile of new parts sitting in the spare room that my wife can't wait to get out of there. The transmission is in the garage at least! Hahaha! The car needs some work. The gauges don't work properly, the center consul needs some freshening up. The suspension needs to be sorted, it vibrates and bounces all over the road. But I think I'm getting all the right parts to fix that.

• Like 1