IGNORED

Brake drum plug - alternatives?

sdyck

On July 30, 2016 at 5:51 AM, jeremy93ls said:

Mine were missing, so I cut some copper pipe insulation and wedged it in there. Any closed cell foam would work. You could use a piece of swimming pool 'noodle' to add a little pizazz!

noodles.jpg

That sounds like it might work. Was wondering about the heat though? Would have thought it might melt. 

Thanks, Steve

On 7/30/2016 at 6:51 AM, jeremy93ls said:

Mine were missing, so I cut some copper pipe insulation and wedged it in there. Any closed cell foam would work. You could use a piece of swimming pool 'noodle' to add a little pizazz!

noodles.jpg

You gave me an idea and it works great for my early morning squirrel elimination. LOL

1470082156873.jpg

That's a 1200 FPS brake barrel pellet gun from Wallymart, $88 plus $40 for a decent scope from Academy.  I've realized the further out I slide it the quieter it is but the turbulence knocks the accuracy off.  So after driving some nails at a homemade target,  flattened out beer case with some Sharpie circles, it's accuracy is best at about 4" past the end of the barrel.  It still takes the "crack" out and the squirrels too. LOL

All you hear is the slamming of the piston into the chamber.  My neighbors little girl, sweetest child in the world loves squirrels so it's quiet enough for her not to hear it. I don't let them drop dead on my neighbors property, I wait them out, sooner or later they get in the kill zone. Alabama says they're rodents so no license or hunting season.  I have two of the fattest red hawks you've ever seen, they get them as quick as I kill them. Circle of life!

34 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Pellets will give the hawks lead poisoning.  They'll die.  You should use BB's

I suspect at 1200 FPs the pellets are going all the way through the squirrel and into the tree underneath...