IGNORED

engine has a slight miss...

cbuczesk

4 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I can see the problem easy. It's the wrong valve cover for that engine. If you send me the 2400 cover, I'll send you back the right one. You just cover shipping?

You're right! I missed that. I'll trade all 7 of my 2400 valve covers for the correct cover. Don't worry. I'll cover shipping too.

Chuck

Haha! All seven isn't necessary. One will suffice.  :)  I promise it'll run better.

So, is that seriously how someone put that thing together? As a joke, or do you think they really didn't know better? Or do you think they were just looking for a place to hold the carbs so they weren't flopping around during transit?

Wait, I have another idea. Maybe the problem isn't the valve cover at all. Maybe it's the motor mounts. I'm thinking if you put the mounts on the other way to rotate the whole thing 180 degrees and use a dry sump oil system?

That... just... might... work!

OK, I'm done now.  CapO out.  LOL

I was just joking around. I answered a CL ad and drove down to get the engine last night. 10k on the rebuilt engine and it ran before he pulled it out for his RB25DET swap. I wanted the E31 for a future race engine. I walked into the garage and was confused by the carbs. What are they? Where's the rest of them? Oh! They're upside down! The seller was a nice guy but he must have removed them at some point and didn't know which end was up...literally! lol The engine will be completely rebuilt before going in the car.

CO - if you need a 2400 VC let me know. I really do have 7.

Chuck