IGNORED

Toyota 4x4 race pads

terry

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my part of the world the brake problem for S30's involves the historic race class where they are restricted to original brakes. Both pads and rotors have to be replaced after every meeting due to extreme use. There are lots of different brand brake pads, the thing is which one has been proven to best handle this situation? And rotors too, they have to be plain faced.

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2016 at 11:21 PM, 260DET said:

In my part of the world the brake problem for S30's involves the historic race class where they are restricted to original brakes. Both pads and rotors have to be replaced after every meeting due to extreme use. There are lots of different brand brake pads, the thing is which one has been proven to best handle this situation? And rotors too, they have to be plain faced.

My race Z has the Toyota calipers on it. I have pads custom made using sintered iron (Velvetouch). Same material that is usd on 747 commercial airliner brake pads. The material is easy on rotors, and has no binders that require setting or bedding in. They are ready to go right out of the box. And they work just as good on the first stop, all the way to the last millimeter of material.

Edited by Racer X