IGNORED

Patcon

On May 23, 2016 at 9:32 PM, Lumens said:

Did not sell at $58,400.  Relisted. I think I will pass.

I will too Lumens. IMO he was crazy not to take $58,400.00. The car needs a whole lot of work.....expensive work....very expensive work!

1 hour ago, Diseazd said:

I will too Lumens. IMO he was crazy not to take $58,400.00. The car needs a whole lot of work.....expensive work....very expensive work!

I agree seller should have taken $58K if that was the best offer,  I probably would have given it's current condition. I know you've also restored a few to a high standard so you know the costs involved. But... this car's body appears to be pretty good. As we know the value of an S30Z is really in the body (and apparently the serial number also), and most early cars (sub 100 chassis) are close to dust by this stage.

If this car just needs some minor floor pan work and a little bit of rear dog leg work (never seen an unrestored S30Z that didn't). Then the rest of the work required is relatively minor in comparison.

Anyway it's an interesting watch all the same..

12 hours ago, Gav240z said:

I've been debating the folks on the Facebook group on this car.. I do think early 240z's will hit $100k USD sooner than later. Already the way in Japan with the more 'unique' S30Z's.

I have several low VIN HLS30s, so I'd love it if they get to $100K in my lifetime, but I'm not so sure.  I think the "more unique S30Zs" in Japan (Z432R, Z432, 240ZG) have much higher values because they are specialty models with low production numbers.  The early HLS30s have many low volume early parts that were quickly phased out as production changes were made, but I don't think that and a low VIN make them as significant as the specialty JDM models.  There is a premium for a correct early HLS30 with the early parts still intact but not multiples of what a nicely restored later car would be worth. A low VIN car that is missing most of the early production parts loses most of the premium it would otherwise have over a later car.  I think the 30 some Nissan USA "restoration program" cars from the miid 90's will be worth more than most low VIN cars, except for maybe the lowest VINs like HLS30-00013 or lower or a really complete original survivor low VIN car.

By the way, I noticed that the relisted auction for the HLS30-00064 car is no reserve now and currently at $44,200, so if the bids are real it should sell now.  It will be interesting to see what it sells for.

• Like 2

The problem for HLS30's is they made so many of them.

HS30s, HS30-H, S30, PS30 are all quite rare now.

I've been trying to keep record of what's left in terms of HS30's and I'd estimate of the 3000 or so that were sold here (maybe less?) we have about 300-500 left. Of those many are long term restoration projects. Good RHD cars are hard to find now and prices have taken off already.

A couple of good but unrestored cars have sold for $75K AUD + already and gone over the the UK.

100K+ USD may take a while longer but each year it becomes more likely, especially as the cost of early parts goes up!