IGNORED

Early 260Z part out. Vin 20XXX

Terrapin Z

6 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

Howdy,

you happen to have a ignition set that matches the doors? 

Hi, 

The Ign sw, is there, it is in the pic with the torque converter still on the column. It is very rusty and has no keys. 

The hatch lock is toast. I believe I have the door locks still, but again no keys.

$5 for all if you want them + ship

• 2 months later...

Have you scrapped the Z yet? I'm looking for the manual transmission flywheel backing plate as well as the hardline that runs from the clutch master cylinder to the slave.

Also interested in the R200 diff 3.90 if yours has it.

ALT F4

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2016 at 7:22 AM, ALT F4 said:

Thanks for the follow up TZ. I purchased the backing plate from ebay. californian-datsun refurbed and powder coated one for 45 bucks.

ALT F4

The plate is clamped between the engine and transmission.  Coatings tend to creep or flow over time.  Better doublecheck transmission bolt tightness over time after installing.  Generally, metal mating surfaces should not be painted.  It it were mine, I'd scrape all of the coating off where the two surfaces mate.

Besides that,why would you powdercoat a part that's buried from sight.  Just seems odd.  Oh well.  Seems to fit the seller's MO though.

44 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

I do still have the seats from this car. they look to be the originals. 

One is cracked but the other looks okay. 

Are you wanting just the cover or the complete seat bottom?

I really just need the upholstery as I have a seat but its ripped. I am looking to keep it as orig as possible.

100_0751.JPG

Edited by Dave WM

Hey Terrapin - if Dave WM just wants the upholstery, I am actually looking for everything but the upholstery and foam.  I'm looking for a complete set of frames, slider rails and the stationary mounting brackets.  I've got a 1973 240z, and I believe the seat frames for the Series 2 240Zs are the same as the 260Zs.  What do you think?

Also, when you says one of the seats is "cracked", do you mean the upholstery is cracked or something else?  Can you post some pics of the seats?  I'm very interested.  Maybe you could sell Dave WM the upholstery and the rest of the seat assemblies to me.