IGNORED

vapor lock

sweatybetty

I had a 9/70 240Z ( Canadian production 1971 Model year ) and the fuel lines were all attached to the floor pan as in the picture I provided. Photo was taken from an extensive restoration, so Fuel lines were not relocated.

If you look carefully, you will also see how the factory has provided clearance channels for the fuel lines to run below the floor panels.

Edited by Chickenman

Whoa whoa whoa. Chickenman, you're sipping too much happy juice again! Those fuel lines under the floor pan on the right (passenger) side like in the pictures above all ALL 280Z !! Never ever seen a 240 with them anywhere but way up in the tunnel running to the right side of the shifter hole like the red car picture above, and I've been intiment everything from VIN 137 to 175,000. That black picture is clearly the seedy underbelly of a 280, see how far back the frame rails run under the floor pans?

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club

My mistake.

Anybody notice the 24 Hour page summary is not the same as the post, even though the does not appear to have been edited.  "on drugs" = sipping too much happy juice".

Let's try it - I am not on drugs.

Drug filter.PNG

sipping happy juice.PNG

Edited by Zed Head

Well I could be mistaken... I'll have to check that restoration site again. And try and find some pictures of my early Z. Regardless, the fuel lines in the tunnel aren't a big concern IMHO. Just doesn't get hot enough under the tunnel to cause an issue.

Maybe you get free edits on the iPad.

Nissan reviewed the whole "too much heat" problem and made several changes in 1974.  The Fuel document in the Downloads section..  Maybe they went one step further for the 280Z.  

About that time they were making a lot of modifications to the fuel that was available. Could have been a little of both, the cars being sensitive to heated fuel and the fuel being more volatile due to the additives and later ethanol

From Wikipedia "Gasoline containing up to 10% ethanol began a decades-long growth in the United States in the late 1970s. "

• 3 months later...

Well i have a 1972 240z that presents the exact problem while sitting on heavy traffic, plugs get black and acceleration is not fluid. I still  have not been able to solve it. However, this guy on YouTube offers the following solution:

He even send me the heat shield and did not charge me anything. I will try this after i get my car out of the paintshop! Does anyone concur??

• 1 month later...