IGNORED

'72 Z Radio

hatepotholez

Good luck trying to find one at a reasonable price. Both the '72 -'73 AM/FM and the '70 -'71 AM Hitachi factory radios values have gone through the roof. 

Just a few years ago you could buy an AM/FM radio on eBay in good condition for $125.00 to $150.00 and an AM in good condition for $250.00 to $275.00. Now, you rarely even see an AM on eBay except for the seller on eBay who restores them to like-new condition that are listed for over $1,000.00. The AM/FM radios in average condition are now going for over $400.00. 

There are exceptional deals on radio's that can be had if you look.  I got this one for $25 on ebay.  Not sure if it works yet. Just unpackaged it a few days ago.

Edit: just noticed the seller has the wrong number. He actually sent a KM-1520ZD but it has the wrong faceplate on it LOL.

Screenshot.png

Edited by hr369

7 hours ago, hr369 said:

There are exceptional deals on radio's that can be had if you look.  I got this one for $25 on ebay.  Not sure if it works yet. Just unpackaged it a few days ago.

Edit: just noticed the seller has the wrong number. He actually sent a KM-1520ZD but it has the wrong faceplate on it LOL.

Great find, HR369!   As you know, the KM-1520ZD is the '72-'73  240Z AM/FM radio. All you need now is the correct faceplate.

Gents, on the subject of radios (apologies if I am hijacking this thread) - I have a Hitachi radio in my parts stash with the model number TM-1081ZB(S). Any thoughts on what this represents ?

thanks

On 4/2/2016 at 8:45 AM, Hank240 said:

Gents, on the subject of radios (apologies if I am hijacking this thread) - I have a Hitachi radio in my parts stash with the model number TM-1081ZB(S). Any thoughts on what this represents ?

thanks

21 hours ago, Hank240 said:

I found out that the model number TM-1081ZB(S) represents the A.M. radio for a 1970 - 1971 240Z.

thanks

Hank,  Nice find in your stash of parts!  Here's a link that provides some info on your AM radio. Do you plan to keep the radio for one of your '71 240Zs or sell it?

Steve, thanks very much for the link. That's the radio I have but it appears to be missing the power antennae switch. My yellow stock Z already has the original a.m. radio (did not remove it from the car during the resto so I didn't know the serial number), and in the silver restomod, I have an original AM/FM radio from a 1972. I'm not yet sure what I'll do with the radio - have to put a think on it.

cheers  

Datsun Z Radio bottom.jpg

Datsun Z Radio front.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hank240 said:

Steve, thanks very much for the link. That's the radio I have but it appears to be missing the power antennae switch. My yellow stock Z already has the original a.m. radio (did not remove it from the car during the resto so I didn't know the serial number), and in the silver restomod, I have an original AM/FM radio from a 1972. I'm not yet sure what I'll do with the radio - have to put a think on it.

cheers  

Hank,

Here's a link to the switch that you are looking for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-70-71-240Z-Series-One-Antenna-Switch-/141819207111?hash=item2105155dc7:g:PToAAOSw7hRWORMQ&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg