IGNORED

door mirrors

sweatybetty

7 hours ago, ramsesosirus said:

I have these mirrors installed on my 76 Z.  They look great, I also have a set of the "original" metal sport type mirrors.  They are very similar.

These were easy to mount to the existing location.  I do not believe I drilled any holes or anything.

HINT:  Mine started getting loose/wobby after a few years.  The mirror to the mount (where you can adjust the mirror), NOT to the car itself.  I was going to superglue the "pivot ball" in place, but decided to remove the mirror first.  On the bottom of the mount, there is a screw that tightens the pivot ball.  I tightened those up on both sides, and it's all solid now.

I also like having 2 mirrors, evens out the look, and visibility.  Only 1 just looks like it's missing the other one.  Mine also had holes already on the passenger side, so I didn't really have a choice!  

I have some mustang mirrors to go on my 78 . I am selling those because they wont be used.

• Like 1

Great option and look on both the above Hardway. I like the top pair because they look very similar to the original drivers side mirror, but I love the bottom pair for the clean retro look! 

I have been so obsessed with trying to keep my girl original, that form often trumps function.

Although I did finally add  louvers to protect from the Vegas sun. But I have been reluctant to add anything that would need to be drilled.   ( such as a mirror.)

Having a right hand mirror would be nice, something I especially learned last weekend while driving in LA traffic while there for the z bash :wacko:

So where to draw the line between form over function? I guess that's a matter of taste, and the rigors of maintaining an original 240z. 

Thoughts? 

K

The lil z lady :) 

So anyone have any thoughts on finding right hand mirror that is similar to the original produced by Datsun. I'd be interested in switching out my left hand side to match the right if it looks like the original z mirror.

Any help is appreciated!

K

The lil z lady :) 

So anyone have any thoughts on finding right hand mirror that is similar to the original produced by Datsun. I'd be interested in switching out my left hand side to match the right if it looks like the original z mirror.

Any help is appreciated!

K

The lil z lady [emoji4] 

https://zcardepot.com/exterior/mirrors/mirror-chrome-outside-oe-look-240z-260z-280z.html

I'm looking into what it would take to create an arm for the right side to match the OEM mirror. If anyone has a beat up original that they could donate to the cause I have an engineer waiting in the wings to give me an assessment on getting the parts manufactured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Let me add to this old post on Mirrors I recently purchased and am satisfied with this past July, 2018.  

RatSport is a UK company:  ratsport.co.uk

Email:  info@ratsport.co.uk

Mirrors, come in Flat Black (can be painted) or Chrome:     https://www.ratsport.com/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=9611449

These are heavy ABS plastic, the mirror surfaces are very high quality and both look nice on the car while also being very functional with great visibility.  They are pretty affordable so I bought 2 sets and had them painted the same color as my 240z, so I have an extra set for replacement and parts if necessary.

Many thanks...Mark

1973 240z Assembled with Valence (1).jpg1973 240z Assembled with Valence (2).jpg1973 240z Assembled with Valence (5).jpg1973 240z Assembled with Valence (6).jpg