IGNORED

Who copied who?

g260

Here's another picture of another car: Toyota 2000

This is another car that also had influence on the Z.

And don't forget the Opel GT, although that one may have been much later.

By the way, sorry for the pic of the Jag, it was the only one I had and .... This one came from the same source if I recall.

As far as taking this all so seriously, I'm not. In fact, I'm kind of having fun pulling everyone's leg at the "serious" tone here. If anyone's leg comes off due to my pulling, I'll just have to beat you about the head and shoulders with it.

Enrique

post-1490-14150792558749_thumb.jpg

Ahh, but then, Datsun rejected the Albrecht Goertz initial "Z" design submitted in 66. Datsun sold the design to Toyota, hence the Toyota 2000GT.

Although the above mentioned is true, it was noted that Mr.Goertz was more intrigued/influenced by the lines found on the E-Type Jaguar.

Simple coincidence that the "Z" resemble the BMW 507? Perhaps, but more likely due to the fact that Mr. Goertz designed the BMW 507 as well.---Jerry

Originally posted by go z racer, go

Ahh, but then, Datsun rejected the Albrecht Goertz initial "Z" design submitted in 66. Datsun sold the design to Toyota, hence the Toyota 2000GT.

Although the above mentioned is true, it was noted that Mr.Goertz was more intrigued/influenced by the lines found on the E-Type Jaguar.

Simple coincidence that the "Z" resemble the BMW 507? Perhaps, but more likely due to the fact that Mr. Goertz designed the BMW 507 as well.---Jerry

Sorry, but Goertz did not design the S30-series Z. I also don't see very much similarity between the BMW 507 and the S30-series Z.

If Goertz can claim input on the A550X prototype, and it was shown to Toyota by Yamaha ( not Nissan ) after Nissan blew it out in '64 - then how come Goertz does not claim the design of the MF10 Toyota 2000GT? Goertz does not want to be connected with something that was seen to be a failure ( even though the Toyota was a great car ). Kazuo Kimura had just as much input on the A550X prototype as Goertz did.

Actually, the A680X prototype looked more like an E-Type than the A550X - and the A680X had more similarities with the S30-series Z than the A550X did.

Yoshihiko Matsuo and his team would have been influenced by the E-Type, amongst other references ( and he has name-checked the E-Type ) and it is they who designed the S30-series Z car. They also designed the A680X prototype.

I think the Goertz myth is going to go on forever now. Nissan should have nipped it in the bud before he brought that court case and the Nissan legal department settled out of court with an ambiguous statement ( which Goertz was happy with - but was a lot more than he deserved ).

I am no Goertz fan, as you can tell.

Alan T.