Ever see these valve seals before on a L series? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Ever see these valve seals before on a L series?

Featured Replies

Take a look at the seals that were put on this E88 head.

And 2 seals are not the same as the rest on top of that.

post-4108-0-30786000-1448394568_thumb.jp

The copper colored valve seal in the center is an A-Series  ( Datsun A-12 ,A-13, A14, A-15. A-12a ) . It's a good seal and gives a bit more clearance to the valve spring retainer when a higher lift Cam is used.

 

The other two silver colored seals appear to be some kind of aftermarket seal. Possibly a Ford V6.

I read some posts about Ford valve seals on HybridZ, maybe that's what this is.

Edited by gogriz91

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I can't find anything close to those "top hat" looking seals, curious I am.  :)

 

Interesting possibilities. This head came from Georgia.

I guess they do things different down there. :)

I can't find anything close to those "top hat" looking seals, curious I am.  :)

 

That's a nice collection.  Where'd it come from?

 

I only see Chrysler and GM as USA market, all the others are foreign.  No Ford.

 

Maybe the odd ones are installed upside down.

That's a nice collection.  Where'd it come from?

 

I only see Chrysler and GM as USA market, all the others are foreign.  No Ford.

 

Maybe the odd ones are installed upside down.

I pulled it off Google while I was looking for one like your's.

 

It very well could be for a Ford?  I know the Ford Ranger PU used the seals I posted above for their 6 cylinder motor, they are called Viton seals and were discussed on hybridz.org.  http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/68120-problem-with-viton-valve-seals/

 

I thought they were upside down too but the rubber seal around the top is pointing up.  I don't know about you but I would want 12 of the same type.  :)

 

A very popular adverb for us Southerners to use is bass ackwards. LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.