IGNORED

What are you paying for gas?

Ed

$2.09 the lowest with the average at $2.11 & $2.13 for 87 octane. The 72 seems to run good with the 87 oct. this year. I removed all the emis. and set the timming back to 17 BTC a few years back & it only liked high oct. but this year it seems to take the 87 oct.

California's gas is produced solely within our state.... other states are not set up to produce the "recipe" that is mandated in CA.

That's interesting, California really seems to do EVERYTHING differently. Do you Californians get higher-octane fuel? Or is the "recipe" about something else (like purposefully increasing prices so more people buy Hoovers as transport)?

That's interesting, California really seems to do EVERYTHING differently. Do you Californians get higher-octane fuel? Or is the "recipe" about something else (like purposefully increasing prices so more people buy Hoovers as transport)?

We get LOWER octane than many parts of the country. I think Vicky mentioned that in Florida they can get 98 octane or something like that. Other states have 95 octane. The choices we have in Cali are 87, 89, and 91.

But it's not just that the octane is low in Cali, the recipe includes funky chemicals that are claimed to reduce smog. Of course, one of the last additives they put in our gasoline (called MTBE) turned out to be a poisen that accumulated in our lakes and streams quite rapidly. The oil industry touted this poison as the "be all / end all" of chemicals to reduce smog. Our foolish leaders then jumped the gun and mandated it's use almost immediately. In spite of the concerns of many chemists and scientists who warned that more study was needed before using this chemical. Well, the result is that it's been used for 5 or more years now, and this chemical now shows up in many lakes, streams, and underground water tables. They are going to remove it from gasoline soon, but the damage has been done.

http://www.waterindustry.org/mtbe-harmful.htm

First of all ... greetings everybody .... I'm new here and from Austria (Europe) and I'm looking for a 240Z ...

And about the gas prices: Youre right there is no ceiling ==> last time I got fuel over here it was 5,32 a gallon (1,119€/liter) so don't get all excited about it :)

Just saying hello ... and I'll be sticking around for awhile

hey feniboy, welcome to the club. i'm in the same boat as u-been looking for a 240 for the last 9 months. being up north very few 240 available in canada but at least there's a bunch in the U S to look at. take your time and learn from this club and you should be able to get what u want and avoid the pratfallls. good luck.

I think Vicky mentioned that in Florida they can get 98 octane or something like that.

Not 98 (I wish). We have between 93 and 95 octane at the local stations. Of course, closer to the race tracks you can get higher octanes but that's a different situation.

No matter what we're getting and paying, it's all a RIPP OFF :mad:

Vicky