IGNORED

Finally replica door panels for 77-78 z's

hr369

A guy up in canada is making these. From the pictures they look pretty good. Good price too $400.  I saw the listing come up last night.

They sold in 1 day with buy it now. He's got more for sale he says. Seeing that they sold so fast, the price may go up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-280Z-1977-1978-New-Black-Interior-Door-Panels-/171882985815?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=QqPaYvCnJe8TzxL5G2i88rOWYQg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

post-23403-0-30399700-1438910102_thumb.j

• 5 months later...
On 8/11/2015 at 3:01 PM, Gav240z said:

I don't think this guy is making these... I've got similar door cards I bought from Japan. Not sure how he's managed to sell them at $400 USD that's cheap...cheaper than it cost me to source these wholesale...

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,16328.0.html

If you can get them that cheap go for it.

If they were being made in Japan they'de be big $$. The ones you're seeing in Japan are probably imported from somewhere else.

Are you kidding me? 300 usd to ship ONE to Oz?  What class mail is that?  The usps is cheapest.

Edited by hr369

6 minutes ago, hr369 said:

Are you kidding me? 300 usd to ship ONE to Oz?  What class mail is that?  The usps is cheapest.

Yes USPS I looked into this and it turns out that the size of the item is just a bit too large and hence bumps it's cubic weight up and that's why shipping is so expensive.

Remember Australia is a long flight! I originally tried to buy a set of these in the US and bring them back in check in luggage but the seller in the US couldn't guarantee the items would arrive where i was staying before I left for Oz can't blame them really...

1 minute ago, Gav240z said:

Yes USPS I looked into this and it turns out that the size of the item is just a bit too large and hence bumps it's cubic weight up and that's why shipping is so expensive.

Remember Australia is a long flight! I originally tried to buy a set of these in the US and bring them back in check in luggage but the seller in the US couldn't guarantee the items would arrive where i was staying before I left for Oz can't blame them really...

Heck, buy me a ticket on hawaiian airlines and i'll personally bring you as many sets as you want.

Just now, hr369 said:

Heck, buy me a ticket on hawaiian airlines and i'll personally bring you as many sets as you want.

LOL, you will regret that statement. I have plenty of Z-parts to move between the US and Australia. Right now got a contact in California that I send all my eBay purchases to, he's gonna send it in bulk.

But I have to stop in Hawaii next time on my way over to LA/SFO for work! :)

11 minutes ago, Gav240z said:

LOL, you will regret that statement. I have plenty of Z-parts to move between the US and Australia. Right now got a contact in California that I send all my eBay purchases to, he's gonna send it in bulk.

But I have to stop in Hawaii next time on my way over to LA/SFO for work! :)

I have a set of brand new factory nissan ones that i've held on to for years. I was hoping to someday sell them for big $$ but then these came along.

Being in the usa i can ship flat rate boxes from the mainland to hawaii that can weigh up to 70 lbs for only 13 usd.

Flight time from here to oz is only 10 hrs and i have LOTS of suitcases LOL

Edited by hr369

The OEM ones are ever so slightly different, on the rear is a plastic ring where the top of the pull handle goes. There is also some cutouts in the trim to install power windows. I think some S31's in Japan had electric windows or the option but haven't confirmed this yet! Otherwise the trims are very very good reproductions. In fact excellent!

The ones in demand/shortage in Oz are the earlier 260z door panels, because the lock position is 15 cm from the rear of the trim. The later 280z style ones have the lock position 25 cm from the rear.

Since the 260z 2 seater's were made in such small numbers (RHD especially) it's really hard to find 74/75 260z door trims with the earlier lock position.

The eBay link above is for later style trims.

1 hour ago, Gav240z said:

The OEM ones are ever so slightly different, on the rear is a plastic ring where the top of the pull handle goes. There is also some cutouts in the trim to install power windows. I think some S31's in Japan had electric windows or the option but haven't confirmed this yet! Otherwise the trims are very very good reproductions. In fact excellent!

The ones in demand/shortage in Oz are the earlier 260z door panels, because the lock position is 15 cm from the rear of the trim. The later 280z style ones have the lock position 25 cm from the rear.

Since the 260z 2 seater's were made in such small numbers (RHD especially) it's really hard to find 74/75 260z door trims with the earlier lock position.

The eBay link above is for later style trims.

Yes i think you're right. The s31's had a factory option electric windows. Below is a pic of the power window mechanism from a s31.

What's the nissan part# for the oz trims?

This is the part# on mine.

Actually I haven't researched what exact car my panels fit. I should drag out the parts catalog and take a look.

Our usa panels fit 74-76 and then changed in 77-78.

door-panel-new.JPG

s31-power-windows2.jpg

Edited by hr369
  • Like 1