IGNORED

Vogtland springs

drawz

On 3/7/2017 at 1:06 PM, Zedyone_kenobi said:

I currently run the Eibachs, and I went from Tokico HP's to the Eibach pros. The Eibachs are progressive as stated, and the ride is softer than the Tokicos, but they are darn fine for a street spring.  They make getting up and over speed bumps a non scraping affair. They also allow a jack to be fitted with ease even under the spook.

Hey Zed, with the Eibach Pro-kit springs, how much suspension travel do you have with your car on the ground?  What strut are you using?  Do you run a bump stop at the top of your struts?  I remember seeing pictures from other owners with the Pro-kit springs and a ES poly bump stop that they had only an inch or two of travel before the gland nut would hit the bump stop.  I am going back and forth on what to do with my Z regarding a suspension upgrade.

Edited by Hardway

Hey bud, Those are good questions. I will have to go look.  But I can give you some quick answers now.  I have only ever had tokiko strut inserts in my car. When I bought it they were their but badly worn, and I replaced them with new ones when I did my redo.  Previously I had tokiko springs and tokiko struts.  The car had even wheel gaps and rode very stiff. I had very little wheel movement if any and I was on bump stops almost constantly.  I felt every single bump in the road. I upgraded to fresh tokiko strut inserts and eibachs. I gained about an inch of ride height in the back and a bit over an inch in the front.  For the first time ever I could push on the four corners of my car and it would move downward.  I gained a LOT of compliance. Car handled mid corner bumps well without much fuss for the first time.  I cannot say if the fresh struts gave me this or the added ride height though.  But the car is a far better street car now.  I can put a jack under the spook with the ride height and I can drive on ramps without a 'preramp' to get up on them.

Bad news for you is if you wanted to go tokiko springs again they are not available as of March 20, 2017.  Your choices are Eibach Pros, or Vogtland for lowering springs.  I hear MSA will make a new batch of what they are calling MSA springs, but no word on when that will be available.

I do wish my wheel gaps were the same, but for the time being I am loving the compliance over bumps, ease of getting up and down driveways, and not scraping my exhaust. 

Just FYI, good luck with asking Vogtland.... I called their factory or at least their main headquarters (which are in the vogtland area here in Germany btw) and they weren´t aware they are producing those springs.... I asked if I could buy directly from the factory and was told that they do not produce 280z springs at all  O_o

Edited by Villeman
spelling

• 4 months later...