IGNORED

Vogtland springs

drawz

Vogtland is a pretty popular brand with European cars. They have a good reputation for quality products on the Audi and VW forums that I frequent. Same on Bimmer Forums.

That's a decent price..... mind you I live in Canada and we're used to paying higher prices than our USA friends. :(

Edited by Chickenman

Vogtland is a pretty popular brand with European cars. They have a good reputation for quality products on the Audi and VW forums that I frequent. Same on Bimmer Forums.

That's a decent price..... mind you I live in Canada and we're used to paying higher prices than our USA friends. :(

Thanks. Never heard of that brand, so I wanted some input on them before I buy. 

Yeah, the price is quite good. I live in Norway and are used to pay WAY more then any other country :P 

The springs that appear in the ebay vendor's site (PN 951606) are not listed in the 2015 Vogtland catalog.  They're probably a discontinued item.  The 2015 catalog contains no parts listings for the 240-260-280Z's. 

Before you buy, you may want to check with Vogtand customer service in Germany ( http://www.vogtland.com/en/contact_persons.php ) to make sure that these are the correct parts for a Z and that the characteristics (stiffness, amount of drop) are going to be acceptable for you.  A quick read of the Vogtland company materials indicates that you should have no worries about product quality or customer support.

If you manage to get the specs for these springs, please remember to post them here on the CZCC site.  I suspect that a lot of other Z owners may be interested.

The springs that appear in the ebay vendor's site (PN 951606) are not listed in the 2015 Vogtland catalog.  They're probably a discontinued item.  The 2015 catalog contains no parts listings for the 240-260-280Z's. 

Before you buy, you may want to check with Vogtand customer service in Germany ( http://www.vogtland.com/en/contact_persons.php ) to make sure that these are the correct parts for a Z and that the characteristics (stiffness, amount of drop) are going to be acceptable for you.  A quick read of the Vogtland company materials indicates that you should have no worries about product quality or customer support.

If you manage to get the specs for these springs, please remember to post them here on the CZCC site.  I suspect that a lot of other Z owners may be interested.

Didnt notice the PN on the springs itself. The seller on ebay provides another PN in the descripton of the springs.

I've just sent an e-mail to a sales manager @ vogtland. I'll post info here as soon as I get an answer.

EDIT: Just noticed that the seller on ebay uses the same picture on all his listings for Vogtland spring. Thats why you can't find the PN 951606. The same was on a spring kit for a Volvo :P

Edited by Drawz

Here's the reply from the seller on ebay.

"Yes, these will fit the 240Z. These are not in the Vogtland catalog because we are exclusive distributors of the springs. Vogtland cannot sell these to any other outfit hence the reason they are not in the catalog.

The photo is just generic. What you will receive will be a perfect fit for your 240Z

Thanks"

• Like 1

I don't think that jdmwerks is exclusive.  A bit disingenuous.  Or jdmwerks and Staggshocks are the same person/company.  

Here's a link that seems to show where the usage originated.  Might get better info there.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/117631-new-s30-shock-and-spring-option/

Post #4 is the relevant one.  Looks like you could save $25.  But customer service might be better with jdmwerks.

Edited by Zed Head

I don't think that jdmwerks is exclusive.  A bit disingenuous.  Or jdmwerks and Staggshocks are the same person/company.  

Here's a link that seems to show where the usage originated.  Might get better info there.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/117631-new-s30-shock-and-spring-option/

Post #4 is the relevant one.  Looks like you could save $25.  But customer service might be better with jdmwerks.

Wow, thats quite cheap. $289 for Stagg shocks + Vogtland springs. Just hope they can ship to Norway at a good price.

http://brandcarparts.com/1970-1973-nissan-240z-stagg-shocks-struts-and-vogtland-lowering-springs-kit-1-2-drop.html

Edited by Drawz

• 2 weeks later...

Vogtland is a well known brand over here in Germany. No Problems with quality whatsoever. Fitment of the springs was superb, for the front shocks you need washers to shim up, as they are a little shorter then the tubes. 

I had a nice chat with their sales manager, and he told me that this set of springs were really only made for an american company.

So you will neither get a material datasheet, nor a certification of conformacy on the part fitted to a Datsun 240-280Z.

If that is not a problem (In Germany it can be), it´s the best bang for the buck.

So far i only replaced the front shocks and springs with the Stagg/Vogtland combo, but it feels good and handles well.

As soon as i have the time, i will go over the rear axle too. Will update you then.

bergfexrv

Vogtland is a well known brand over here in Germany. No Problems with quality whatsoever. Fitment of the springs was superb, for the front shocks you need washers to shim up, as they are a little shorter then the tubes. 

I had a nice chat with their sales manager, and he told me that this set of springs were really only made for an american company.

So you will neither get a material datasheet, nor a certification of conformacy on the part fitted to a Datsun 240-280Z.

If that is not a problem (In Germany it can be), it´s the best bang for the buck.

So far i only replaced the front shocks and springs with the Stagg/Vogtland combo, but it feels good and handles well.

As soon as i have the time, i will go over the rear axle too. Will update you then.

bergfexrv

Thanks. Did you order the shocks+springs from brandcarparts.com? I have tryed to contact them about shipping etc. But I don't get any reply from them.. Bad service..