IGNORED

What do you think of the new 350 z?

Mike

Do you like Nissan's new 350 Z car?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Nissan's new 350 Z car?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

Did I get you right did you say "instead of the 300ZX"?!? Comeon the 300zx was designed so well, too bad they made it too expensive and luxurious too keep profits. The fact still remains that the 350Z's arse is too big and its mouth sits too low, the mouth needs to start immediatly were it meets the hood and it then has to end earlier. Just look at a 240-280Z with an air damn you'll see how completely wrong they got the opening. Now it looks something like Honda's S2000. Very unfortunate.

I say "instead" because really the Mid-4 would have been quite revolutionary. It certainly would have given the Honda NSX a run for its money and put Nissan years ahead of the current Lotus developments. By this stage Nissan would have easily developed something similar to a Noble M12 (British Lotus spin-off) and be giving the traditional marquies something to think about. I heard it said that "you have to look backwards to go forwards" but I doubt you will catch Porsche or Ferrari trying to win Le Mans races in front engine rear wheel drive car again. Its frustrating watching things plod along. The only reason I look backwards is to review my goals and make sure they are still in line with where I'm going!

Don't ever go into engineering because the next thing you know you will be wanting to spice together two Suzuki 4 cyclinder 1300 cc egines, wacking on a supercharger and a set of twin turbos, and trying to get the thing to rev over 10,000 rpm consistantly. Then trying to fit the powerplant into a mid-mounted variable 4wd chassis. With a centrally mounted driver seat splitting two passenger seates slightly set back. Damn it! Oh and don't forget the 6 speed box (maybe 8).

The marketing side of me keeps telling me that it will never work. That is where I think I keep confusing the issue. With the new Z car, it really was never developed for the 240Z fans, they have taken a good concept and smoothed it over for the average fast car buyer. So I'll still buy one, blow a heap of bucks on it, lose a couple of girlfriends in the process, and make it work for me. That should keep me happy.

Originally posted by Mike

The new 350z is making headliners across the counrty. Tell us if you like it or hate it. Or, if you just aren't sure, tell us what you think!

New millinum styling for a z-car (from a z-car purist), hopefully its engineered as good as it has been said...Hopefully it will perform as advertised....It is definately on my wishlist.. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the comments it looks like an ugly toad, and the front looks like a Honda s2000. I think the cabin is too far forward, and whats with the bump on the back end of the car. If I was designing for nissan it would have made the proportions of the car more like the original 240z.

Heres on I made in photoshop (bottom) and the 350z (top) for comparison.

Mr C

post-1278-1415079186471_thumb.jpg