IGNORED

Fairlady Roadster sighting in WA. OZ.

Mr Camouflage

I was on the red cat bus today near the waca stopped on wellington street, and saw a red fairlady roadster drive through the lights down plain street. 1AXA something was the licence no.

Now that is something you dont see everyday in perth.

(I can just imagine the replys from the americans reading this post...whats a waca? cat bus? )

There's a immaculate dark blue 2000 Roadster for sale on the Gold Coast here, for $13000. Hasn't sold for a couple of weeks though so maybe it's not as immaculate as the picture makes it out to be?

never seen one in real life though...

CAT: central area transit, a free inner city bus service (Mr.C, have you ever heard them change gear? Me neither, I think they have a huge centrifugal clutch...)

WACA: Western Australian Cricket Association. 'The WACA' is W.A's biggest sporting ground.

I've also seen a bright yellow roadster in Subiaco and yes, I'd rather have one than a MGB. In fact, the Z could also be argued to be a contemporary of the ratty old MGB.

There is usually a roadster for sale out thre somewhere...in fact I've sometimes been close to surrendering in my Z-search for and getting a roadster instead...

Do like I did and buy one of each!

71 240 Z which is featured in my gallery. 99.5% finished, just needs to have the Side Parking Lamp switch (thanks to Kats from Japan) installed as well as the wiring corrected in the Taillights and the addition of the bulb in the front lights, and install a relabeled Hazard Switch instead of the Dash Cigar Lighter to function as an OEM Fog Lamp Switch. (Picture on the Fog Lamp Switch thanks to Kats and Alan.)

68 Roadster 2000 which, thanks to Mike Gholson Webmaster, now resides in my garage. Currently undergoing work for the top, paint and a few other doodads. I believe you can still see pictures of the car in his gallery.

(Flame Suit being donned.)

Enrique

Enrique,

Why would anybody want to flame you for having both? I think its a great idea.

I've been tempted once or twice too. There are less than 10 roadworthy Roadsters ( SP and SR ) in the UK, and I was sorely tempted to get one a couple of years ago. I nearly did it too.

Trouble is - I don't like cars that don't have a roof. I like sitting IN cars not ON them, if you know what I mean. I don't like seeing people sticking out of cars, and in fact if you can see them in one with a roof I'd prefer they had a full face helmet on too! Funny that. I must be anti-social or something.

If I did get an SP or an SR, I know what would happen. It would have to be forced to mutate into a Fairlady S replica. Now there was a Fairlady worth having......................

Alan T.

• 2 weeks later...

I Saw another Fairlady roadster wednesday in Perth. It was another red one, but not the same one as before, different rego, exhaust note and different driver.

This guy was absoultley caining it down plain street from the corner near the mint and the grovsner, down plain street towards Adelaide terrace.