IGNORED

Hose Hook-Up 1971 240

ericjump

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85e82b1c/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"> </script> I'm hooking the hoses back up after removing and replacing engine for rebuilding and heed some help locating where hoses should go.

#1: On the back of the air cleaner, the largest hose and the small one below it, where do they go?

post-29883-0-04502800-1424115208_thumb.j

#2: On the front carburetor, there is a little port sticking up between the dashpot and the mounting flange, where does it go?

post-29883-0-08659300-1424115335_thumb.j

#3: The valve that is on the driver side shock tower that has a line going to the rear of the car, where do the 2 hoses go?

post-29883-0-57002100-1424115817_thumb.j

#4: Where does the vacuum advance and the #5: small line on the large tube on the block go?

post-29883-0-20792100-1424115904_thumb.j

Thanks for your help

#4 vaccum advance goes to #2 front carb small port.

#3 lower port goes to #5 small line on large block breather tube.

#3 upper port goes to #1 small port on right side of your picture.

( The larger hose shown in #1 goes to the emissions air pump

inlet fitting).

I think I have that about right.

Thanks again for the good info on hose hook up.

Now, I have a carb linkage question:

Before I removed the emissions "Stuff" from the intake rail, the front carb arm that has the idle screw in it was attached with a rod that went to a vacuum pot on the rail. Now that The vacuum pot (and rod) is gone the arm that has the idle adjusting screw on it (front carburetor) just flops around, what's the fix?

The rear carburetor is unchanged and appears to be operating normally.

I tried to upload some pictures but couldn't find a icon that would allow me to post pictures to the message.

Thanks in advance

Eric

Here's my fix for the open port on the back of the air filter box: a 7/8" ID rubber foot for a stool from a big box store.  I stuck it on my drill and turned it down against some sandpaper to eliminate the distinctive shape.  It is an exact fit for the port tube.  On the carb linkage question, the good folks at Z Therapy took care of that for me with a very fine wire locking the two pieces together - you have to look very hard to find it!

post-21215-0-10917800-1424367124_thumb.j

post-21215-0-57306700-1424367144_thumb.j