IGNORED

L24 Rebuild -Again!

madkaw

Well my trans is done and going in hell or high water tomorrow. Gear oil will be NON synthetic Lucas 80/9â‚© weight. Need to bribe some young backs to put it in for me. I'm part of a Facebook club, indiana university sports car club. I've already had several offers for help. It will be a bit weird watching someone else working on my car in my garage.

Sorry for the short answer Charles, and  I see that my thread didn't show the flywheel. The flywheel has drilled holes at every 10 degrees which the gear tooth sensor picks up. I will find the pic somewhere.

It's a gear tooth sensor, so it picks up small deviations, Those holes aren't very deep, maybe 1/4" deep or so. I drilled it myself. I used my degree wheel to mark it off. I did have it rebalanced to make sure. As far as accuracy, the MS unit ran fine with my garage high tech drilling. I used my drill press and marked the bit to have consistent depth.