IGNORED

Got A 72 240Z And I'm New Here

Aaron240z

Almost a year ago to date i picked up a 72 240z. It had an small block chev 350 with a t350 in it upon purchase. The plan was to just fix it to safety standards and drive as a fun car...... but i fell in love with it and now am in the process of totally redoing the car. to date i have assembled most of the parts required or have at lest ordered them and the wait is on.

post-29865-0-07384200-1418514289_thumb.j

post-29865-0-04237900-1418514343_thumb.j

post-29865-0-39606300-1418514644_thumb.j

post-29865-0-03502500-1418514615_thumb.j

My build specs to date

drivetrain 

1994 lt1 with t56 trans and r200 differential

brakes

4 piston toyota calipers front and singles in rear

drilled and slotted rotors 

brake per-portioning valve

suspension

tokico ilumina shocks 

techno toy tuning coil overs 

all new energy suspension bushings

aesthetics

3.75" rear and 3.25" front fender flares

and not sure for rims want i want yet

Hi Aaron240z! I'm new here too. I just bought a 72 240z last week. It's been my dream car for years and I finally found one. I'm doing a full rebuild also. I have the original engine and trans- runs and drives (doesn't stop... looking into the booster or possible air in the lines). I'm going through the suspension right now, trying to get off 42 year old bolts that haven't moved since factory days.  I have a Tokico HP shocks and springs set for the front and rear, but I haven't installed them yet- how do you like them?

Welcome to Classic Zs.  

One of the best tricks I've learned from this forum, mix half Acetone and half ATF in a spray bottle for frozen bolts.  It works great and is cheaper than anything you'll find.  I'm so impatient I usually just wait 10 minutes or so and they'll break free but the best thing is to spray whatever the night before.  

• Like 2