IGNORED

Need help with a bolt...

CEgg11

That actually sounds more reasonable. It has a 14mm head if I remember. Not sure why the partsmanual says 10.

Pretty sure it's a shoulder bolt though. The shoulder locates the T/C rod. I would just go to the dealer and ask. They have better parts files. Surprising how many of these old parts are still available.

I apologise for my careless use of grade information. The head of the stock bolt has a "9" on it. I believe this is equivalent to ISO grade 10.9 as John mentions. Look for this designation on the bolt head if you go to buy a metric bolt from a supplier. These are important bolts, don't skimp on the quality.

• 1 month later...

I got the part number, and it is not available new anywhere in the US, according to Courtesy Nissan. Does anyone have a parts car I could get a donor from? It  is the bolt that connects the steering knuckle to the ball joint and strut.

Hang on. I'm reading ceggs11's first post again and now I'm not sure which bolts he's talking about. There is no one bolt that passes through or into the Strut, Ball joint and control arm.

The ball joint is connected flat to the control arm with two 8mm and two longer 10mm bolts. The two 10's also capture the end of the T/C rod. New ball joints usually come with these four bolts. Perhaps this solve your problem and get you new ball joints at the same time.

The Ball joint is connected to the steering knuckle with a tapered end of the ball joint post and a castle nut.

The strut is connected to the steering knuckle with the 12 mm bolts from below I refer too above.

All of the vendors that sell bump stop spacers manage to find good quality 8x1.25, 10x1.25 and 12x1.25 hardware. There are several vendors on line, McMaster Carr, BelMetric, Fastenal, Wurth etc.

The only bolts maybe worth getting OEM's of are the shoulder bolts that are 12x1.25x30's.   If you really want an OEM bolts, I have some....   They called Kevin Kostner "Dances with Wolves". They would have called me "buckets of rusty bolts"...

It is the shoulder bolt that I need. I am told by Fastenal that they don't make those sort of bolts. I've tried again at Courtesy, and this time I was actually able to order online, with (so far) no email saying they don't have. Zkars, if they don't come through, I'll take you up on your offer.