IGNORED

It has finally arrived :)

as the brakes have been alright now and filled with ATE blue fluid

IMG_20141104_WA0007.jpg

got the geo setup properly today. Thanks to the ACZ components that saved quite some time during the

setup. seemed to be a good investment to lower the spring rates on the front and rear and car handles now

spot on.

IMG_20141106_114308.jpg

IMG_20141106_114322.jpg

IMG_20141106_WA0002.jpg

• 1 month later...

carbs.jpg

got the carbs set up the last two days and one of those 123 tune ignition distributors in the car.

currently just lot´s of rain so had to prep the car some days prior with loads of fluidfilm to prevent

any rust and to soften up the old sealing below the car. around 5L went in all the wholes and under the car.

acceleration bog is now gone and car is crisp on thew throttle. wasnt quite cheap but good addy

to go to. friendly service and youre allowed to stay in the workshop while the work is done and anything

in regards of carbs get´s explained in detail. my carbs had been from 2003 and needed a full refurb.

as engine wise anything is almost done i can leave that aside and continue with the interior.

in the meanwhile new flywheel and two gearbox rebuilt kit´s have arrived.

had some time those days and the weather is soso so started working on the car again.

removed the stuff that had been on the floorboards to take a closer look if there is any rust

before the new interior comes in.

IMG_20141224_120900.jpg

IMG_20141224_121343.jpg

IMG_20141224_WA0007.jpg

nothing major but rust oil and dirt needs to be cleaned up.

IMG_20141224_WA0009.jpg

IMG_20141224_WA0011.jpg

as the dash needs to come out anyway pulled that too. one of those heater bolts drove me crazy but after some time

got that done too. frontscreen will be taken out the next days as a new one comes in and fresh headlinerIMG_20141226_155111.jpg needs to be fitted too.

Those floor pans look great.  That car has been kept inside, apparently.  Is that paint #110 Persimmon Red?  I've got that color with white interior.  Didn't like it at first but now it's growing on me, the white interior.  I had to put a cover over the driver's seat and now I can wrench on it and jump in and drive without changing clothes.  :)

youre right :) paint should be #110 Red. It has been repainted outside but it is not a full 100 percent match with the interior red.

not obvious if you don´t take a real close look.

did prep the floorboards with rustbuster. they seemed to be clean but once you apply the stuff it shows different.

IMG_20141227_152619.jpg

IMG_20141227_151529.jpg

IMG_20141227_152641.jpg

similar thing here with the interior. in the first place i did not want to switch color. we tried to match color

headliner seats and plastic parts. almost no chance. tried to clean the vinyl headliner to see its original

color and it´s more kind of cream than white so problem with new plastic parts as they are deeper color as

the rest. so we skipped the white and now we get the whole picture in black. interior sparco seats rollbar 

carpet plastic parts are already finished in black and ready to go. next will be front screen comes out

for new headliner and floorpans get painted red again. next will be new wiring of the wideband lambda

and the greddy gauge. rest of the gauges will be kept to keep the classic look.

some time ago found a rotten 280zx in a garage they guy was parting out. didn´t want to do any more work on the

car so drove there today and started to take the gearbox and diff out. have seldom seen so much rust in total on a car 

but it seemed it stood outside for a long long time. engine and gearbox were running no prob and diff seems to be ok too.

if i remember correctly it should be a 82 NA 280ZX. not sure if there is a difference in gearbox and diff rations on the european

cars ?

some pictures of the items that got rescued

IMG_20150102_120210.jpg

IMG_20150102_152510.jpg

IMG_20150102_152527.jpg

IMG_20150102_162659.jpg

diff was a messy job. all the nuts shot but managed to get it loose.

IMG_20150102_165051.jpg

the rear bolts of the diff came out as nuts were shot :)

IMG_20150102_173322.jpg

IMG_20150102_173331.jpg

currently thinking of getting the motor too. N54 block and P90A head. dont realy know what to do with it

maybe built a second stroker if my engine goes bang but what ive read nobody uses the P90A head ?