IGNORED

Improved jack tool Bag

TomoHawk

OK, I'm going to presume there is no interest in getting the eBay seller of the Datsun- embroidered tool roll to make us a quantity at a discount. If you are interested nevertheless, please contact the eBay seller, Cmillinix.

Edited by TomoHawk

Here's a question for you gadget-junkies:

If you were going to carry sockets in a tool roll like this, how would you keep them from falling out or getting lost? You could probably use the usual metal, snap-on type socket holder, but is there a tube with caps that you could buy? I think it would begreat to keep the water off the sockets.

I started clearing out the Z and found a tool bag with the lug wrench and spindle for the jack. The black bag have the Nissan Motor stamp. How original is that? I thought Nissan didn't want their name on anything just in case the US market is a bust.

I'm way delinquent in getting some pictures up of the tool roll. Have been distracted by a number of things recently but finally got around to taking a few shots.

My "must have" tool requirements may be different from others as I need some specific tools for the Webers / linkage and my ignition system is all after market. I've also made a lot of changes / upgrades to my electrical system so I have some non-standard fuse requirements as well.

I wanted to carry some basic tools including screwdriver assortment, basic wrenches (socket as well as open end / box), allen wrenches, tie wraps, etc. Managed to fit it all into the roll, but I did purchase a couple of new tools that were more space saving. One was a multi drive screwdriver and the other was a mini 1/4" ratchet set. The ratchet set is very compact and seems to be made fairly well. In addition to the tools in the roll itself, I also carry a 3/8 hollow socket set from Gear Wrench that fits perfectly under the driver seat. With that and what I carry in my tool bag, I can pretty much take care of anything that is typically going to go wrong.

In any case, I've included a bunch of pictures. Hopes this helps anyone thinking of making this purchase. It took some effort to make it work for me, but in the end I am happy with the result and the product is very well made.

Mike.

post-19584-14150828217445_thumb.jpg

post-19584-1415082821867_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150828219918_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150828221096_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150828221665_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150828216872_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150828218105_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150828219258_thumb.jpg

post-19584-14150828220511_thumb.jpg

I'm going to use a canvas bag for a while, until I get my tool requirements condensed. I've been buying mini- or combination- tools when I go buy tools. The only thing I'm still wondering about is how to store the little sockets. I keep thinking of a clear tube with screw-on endcaps. The tube could also hold bulbs, fuses, zipties, money, etc.

Actually, I have a tub that I take on trips. I can put all kinds of bigger stuff in there like a radio, TP, towel, gas/radiator cap, plastic bags, FOOD, etc. It fits n front of the passenger seat, and has velcro pads on the lid to keep stuff from sliding around. I even cut a hole in the lid to stuff things in without lifting the lid. then you go through the tub at the hotel or rest stop, and remove trash or snacks.

Yeah- Don't forget to put some cash or coins in your bag. I have a leather checkbook cover from the Salvation Army store that I keep in the glovebox; it has some money, the registration papers, car club card, McDonald's gift card, etc. It's stylish too.

Mike-

With all the digital stuff people are incorporating in the car, like the distributor and HellFire, how would you put a notebook PC in your tool roll? LOL

• 4 months later...

OK....

So I've got my new tool r filled with some important tools to fix things while on the road, and even a (deodorant case) with some spare bulbs. I eve managed to use the straps on the bag to tie it to the spare wheel.

I still think there is a need for an improved bag for the jack tools, so I found a Tandy leather store nearby, and I will construct a new bag for the jack tools.