IGNORED

Off to ontario!

northernz

"Land of.... high taxes" , I think we're about to get a taste of that, given our election results! I told my son he should have tried for the NDP nomination for our riding, they were electing anyone who wasn't PC! Hey Chris, funny you should ask about the final, for real, definite pickup date, I just had a long chat with Mike, he was at the shop on a Saturday working on the car. Bottom line? He is not 100% happy with where the car is at. He has MOSTLY sorted the vibration, it was the RT diff mount being so stiff at the front, the stock mustache bar bushings were flexing and causing the vibration.He partly solved this by using later model washers on the bottom of the bar, but needs more time to drop the bar and do the top ones as well.Even worse though, the transmission appears to be vibrating as well and making "odd" noises! I was skimping on the tranny to keep costs down and because I don't mind the four speed, but he has a rebuilt early 5 speed on the shelf for "only" $1500. The final drive ratio won't change so nothing else needs to be changed out. On the plus side, the motor is very smooth and strong, and sounds fantastic with the Fujitsubo exhaust! Mike says it turns heads whenever and wherever he drives it!

So, as frustrating as it is to delay AGAIN, I have managed to accept that it is probably the right way to go. I think I was getting tunnel vision!

Thanks for all the replies and offers of help.

II'll keep you all posted this week as to wether the drive is on next week, or shipping it is the way to go. Mike has promised more pics so I'll get those up too!

Mark

Mark:

Isn't the remote restoration process fun? It will be worth in the end I promise. Sorting out the details and the associated pain are temporary.

If you do find a 5 speed in Ontario, leave that 4 speed out there. Pick up one from me on the way through. My wife will thank you. You can have it for 1500 micro-dollars (15 cents). Heck I'll pay you 15 cents to take it away.

Jim, yeah, this is a blast! I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football! As you say it will be worth it in the end. Mike has a rebuilt 5 speed on the shelf ready to go, so hopefully next week it will be finally be done. However, my leave is almost over then, so it looks like I will be shipping it home. At least it will be in pristine condition when it gets here! As for the old tranny, I think I will just forget it! I will let you hang on to yours, I know where to find one when I want it!

Mark

Jim, yeah, this is a blast! I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football! As you say it will be worth it in the end. Mike has a rebuilt 5 speed on the shelf ready to go, so hopefully next week it will be finally be done. However, my leave is almost over then, so it looks like I will be shipping it home. At least it will be in pristine condition when it gets here! As for the old tranny, I think I will just forget it! I will let you hang on to yours, I know where to find one when I want it!

Mark

Mark, I have two spare 4 spds too... let me know if you need one.

Mark