IGNORED

Mr k

black gold man

• 3 months later...

Can someone translate . Is this MR Ks car or look alike. It looks like the car in the Dream Garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vu1_VquFYk&list=TL_WwaWmoSuTCldobISOS6mEIbJQ-2pE_s

After my pug passed last march i now have a Jack Russel this dog is crazy.

She was a Craigslist freebie. :) I got her three months ago.

Can someone translate. Is this MR Ks car or look alike. It looks like the car in the Dream Garage.

It's a ( well known ) replica / lookalike, built by staff on J's Tipo magazine in Japan. The whole build - and subsequent exploits, including taking the car over to the USA for one of the national conventions - was covered in the magazine.

He did throw out the idea of the flying feather and was with the company from like 1935 to 1977.

The 'Flying Feather' was actually Ryuichi TOMIYA's idea, and Ryuichi TOMIYA's design. Katayama - a friend of Tomiya - supported him and was involved in the marketing of the car, which was manufactured by SUMINOE. So once again we see Katayama being given sole credit for something he was not actually responsible for.

The video at the beginning of this thread is heartwarming, but it's also a load of old baloney and should be flagged up as such. It's hard to take seriously a production that captions Katayama as "Nissan's first president in the US", and has him stating "I started Nissan Motor Company in the United States."

It also has Fred Miller claiming [about Katayama and the "240Z"] that "...that was his baby. He designed that car.....he created it...".

This is the kind of garbage that marque and model enthusiasts ought to call out, not heap praise on. Katayama was - still is - a great man and a seminal figure, but giving him credit for things that others did, and building him up into something that he wasn't, is a mistake and ought to be pointed out as such.

The OP video is an example of how the media people cater what they say to what the popular opinion is. Yes, we need to contact the person responsible for the video and ask him to remove it or replace it with an accurate one (which there isn't, because the video is a converted promotional film.)

We want people out there to have correct information about the S30 and Mr K.

Edited by TomoHawk