IGNORED

Stolen/missing 72 240 Attleboro MA

Willoughby Z

AJ- I, personally, don't have any more info than that which is contained in the Craig's list posting. The news of the theft came to me through a Facebook page and it sickened me in such a way that I reached out to CZCC, being the only way I felt I could help. Your point is well taken. Apparently, a CT club has taken up the cause to publicize this horrifying action. Perhaps that club may be of more assistance in working with the owners to provide more info/photos, etc.

This only underscores the usefulness of good antitheft features. If someone really wants to work hard at it, they can steal your car, no matter how well it's protected. Heck, they can drag it up onto a flat-bed tow truck, and then it's gone. However, if it's the usual kid wanting to steal it for a joy ride, some sort of defeat mechanism can save your car from destruction. The best defeat mechanism is something of your own design that you don't discuss with others, placed where you decide is appropriate, that doesn't look like a defeat mechanism, but rather an ordinary part of the car. There are also prepackaged defeat mechanisms on the market if you don't have the ability to design one yourself. However, if you have a car that a kid might enjoy stealing, you should definitely have SOME sort of protection!