IGNORED

Window NOT lining up

240Ziggy

13 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

How did I miss this thread, the tarp grommet idea is brilliant!

Well just like the now famous R/T mount is named after it's inventor Ron Taylor, we need a name for

Ziggy's grommet fix.  Seriously, I'll bet most of our early cars are missing those flimsy cone washers.

I agree. How about It now be known as the "T/G Ring" regulator fix.

The Canadians here have access to Princess Auto that sell the grommets that 240Ziggy used for his fix, so I went out and found some very common camping tarp grommets to see if they would work as well.

I had to put the conical half on the belt sander to remove a 1/16" from both sides so it would be the right thickness but that is all. The spacing between the blue grommet and the white nylon wheel is about what you need to get good action when it is in the channel rolling. If you have a Mig welder then all you need to do is a quick tack weld on the back and dunk it in water fast to cool it off and you can re use the existing stud.

Lube it up with Lithium grease and good for another 40 yrs.

DSCN0088.JPG

DSCN0089.JPG

DSCN0092.JPG

DSCN0087.JPG