IGNORED

1972 Float Adjustment ...

240Z240Z240Z

We want to be sure the fuel level is BELOW the top of the nozzles. No matter where the mixture screws are set. No fuel above the nozzle tops is the goal. The nozzle top is the part with the little hole in it. Pull the domes, pistons and take a look at that little hole in the center of the nozzle. Now pull the choke on and take another look. You'll see that the nozzle has been pulled down. If you couldn't see the fuel level in the little hole before pulling on the choke, you should be able to see it now. While the choke is on (nozzles pulled down), it's a good time to compare the fuel level in both carbs to see if they're the same. 

Mark

You are trouper for hanging in on those problem. Here are a couple things that come to mind:

When cold starting my 240 w/Ztherapy carbs I immediately reduce the amount of choke once it starts. As the engine begins to warm the rpm’s will increase. Then I start Reducing the amount of choke.

It is my understanding that when the choke is used it automatically causes the butterflies to open slightly allowing more air to enter. With all the misc adjustments I wonder if they open to much causing a lean environment?

Last thought: at almost four full turns isn’t the nozzle lower also and does that require more vacuum/suction at start. Has he checked for vacuum leaks?

Sorry as I hate to muddy the waters.

Don

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

5 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

We want to be sure the fuel level is BELOW the top of the nozzles. No matter where the mixture screws are set. No fuel above the nozzle tops is the goal. The nozzle top is the part with the little hole in it. Pull the domes, pistons and take a look at that little hole in the center of the nozzle. Now pull the choke on and take another look. You'll see that the nozzle has been pulled down. If you couldn't see the fuel level in the little hole before pulling on the choke, you should be able to see it now. While the choke is on (nozzles pulled down), it's a good time to compare the fuel level in both carbs to see if they're the same. 

So i crank up the car with the choke knob fully pulled for 1 minute. Turn off the engine, pull out the domes and pistons and verify fuel level?

No need to crank it up.

Pull the tops and pistons being careful not to damage them.

Next, with the choke off, view the fuel level in the nozzle holes. if you can't see the fuel level in the holes, that's OK for now.

Next, pull the choke lever all the way back.

Next, look at the tops of the nozzles again. The nozzles will be down from the previous, no choke position. You should be able to see the fuel levels now. Verify the fuel levels are similar in both carbs.

1 hour ago, Mark Maras said:

No need to crank it up.

Pull the tops and pistons being careful not to damage them.

Next, with the choke off, view the fuel level in the nozzle holes. if you can't see the fuel level in the holes, that's OK for now.

Next, pull the choke lever all the way back.

Next, look at the tops of the nozzles again. The nozzles will be down from the previous, no choke position. You should be able to see the fuel levels now. Verify the fuel levels are similar in both carbs.

Choke off (lever not pulled) front and rear carb. Cant see fuel level on top of nozzle.

20180406_202310.jpg

20180406_203017.jpg

@jalexquijano Good pics. I think I see a pinpoint of light reflection in the nozzle holes. I assume that pin point of light is the surface of the fuel. Can you confirm that and that both levels are approximately the same? Also, is it possible for you to determine the distance from the top of the brass ring that holds the nozzle to the current fuel level? Or, how far below the nozzle holes is the fuel? Either approximation will work.