IGNORED

warning about hybridz

bblackmoor

Hi, there. I am new to this site. I had a 260z years ago, and I am shopping around for another Z as we speak. Aside from ClassicZCars, I am also perusing a couple of other Z related sites, one of which is HybridZ.

I have only been perusing Z related sites for a couple of days. Yesterday, suddenly, the HybridZ site was blocked by Avast! as being infected. I followed up with AVG, which also said the site was infected. Thinking this is something the admin of HybridZ would want to know, I posted a message in the site support forum, like so:

Avast! shows this site as infected, and will not load it unless I deactivate my virus protection. AVG shows it to be infected with 'Invisible IFrame Injection'.

Hybridz.org | Safety: Surf With Caution. | AVG Threat Labs

A few minutes ago, I went to check HybridZ to see if the problem had been addressed, only to discover that my login had been banned and that the forum post reporting the problem had been deleted -- and the site is still infected.

I don't want to read too much into that. Perhaps it was just a misunderstanding. But at the least, the site is infected, and I thought I should warn people about that.

I don't want to read too much into that. Perhaps it was just a misunderstanding. But at the least, the site is infected, and I thought I should warn people about that.

Another possibility is that the site is in fact NOT infected - and the security software is giving out false Positives. I've seen that happen a lot with different "security" software programs as well as SPAM filters.

I will say that if I were the Site Admin - for any site - I would have appreciated knowing of any possbile issue related to people getting to the site.

FWIW,

Carl B.

I don't think shooting the messenger is fair game, or particularly smart.

If others get the same warning from AVAST!, a well respected piece of Antivirus software, the moderators of that site would do well to look into the problem rather than

simply kicking a new member off.

Even if it's a "false positive" the moderators of that site would do well to find out WHY their site is triggering AVAST. IMHO.

In the interest of full disclosure, I *did* have every intention of buying a 240z (I have been looking for a local one for a couple of weeks), but after reading up on the restoration process here and elsewhere, I've decided it would be a mountain of work, and honestly, I just don't have the time for that kind of project. So you probably won't be seeing me around here anymore. But my virus report was legitimate (although it may well be a false positive), and my intentions were honorable.

In the interest of full disclosure, I *did* have every intention of buying a 240z (I have been looking for a local one for a couple of weeks), but after reading up on the restoration process here and elsewhere, I've decided it would be a mountain of work, and honestly, I just don't have the time for that kind of project. So you probably won't be seeing me around here anymore.

Bye!

Dennis

We checked, no virus. False warning from Avast which sometimes occurs for a few users after a board software update. The OP's post about the virus warning on Hybridz had a link to a site in Russia that was flagged by the anti-spam software and also manually by a couple other users. That's why he was banned.