IGNORED

Springs....Eibach oor Tokiko or what?

The time has come for me to replace my springs. MSA only has the progressive rate Eibach speings.

These sound good but I have seen some threads that note problems with these progressive springs. Both ride height and that the top coils fully compress at rest...so why have them?

Any info or feedback you may have will be welcome.

Thanks

I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a spring. I had the Tokico’s on my yellow Z and they just about rattled my teeth loose, too stiff for daily driving. I switched over to the Eibach’s and really like those. I did cut 1.5 coils from the front springs to get the car to sit level. I am still running the Tokico 5 way adjustable at all 4 corners, with at the number 2 setting..

Same here. Had to cut over 1 coil from the Eibach's to get her to sit level, but the springs have a good feel. Just don't go with the Tokico Blue shocks. While not bad, I've found them a be a bit too harsh for daily / weekend driving.

• 2 weeks later...

i went with the eibachs and blue tokico's. on my 72 240

I am happy with the ride and handling improvements.

one thing however, I found also that the ride height in the rear was a little lower than the front.

Personally, i kinda like that look. with the right pair of rims and rubber I find it gives the car a good stable appearance.

just recently, i added a thicker front and new rear sway bar. It seems to have helped with the ride height a little bit.

handles way better now also.

just my .02$

i would recommend the eibachs and blue tokico's without hesitation.

I have the popular MSA Eibach-Tokiko combination installed. The car sits slightly lower, and sits evenly front-to-rear. The ride is slightly stiffer, as expected, but I am used to that, as I used to spend hours on my bike, with it's 180 PSI tyres and stiff steel frame. You just gotta remember that the car will shake more, so pick your roads carefully, and try not to keep anything that's vibration-senstive on the dash, or stuck to the windscreen.

I was using Tokiko Illuminas and Tokiko springs last year on my 1970 and found it a bit jarring but the PO had removed the bump stops so maybe that was the problem. Over the winter I installed bump stops and Eibach springs, I haven't driven an inch yet due to a problem I hope to have resolved soon but with the Eibach springs the front does sit an inch higher than the back, although the whole car does sit much lower than stock.

I hope I won't have to cut the front springs as the travel between the top of the shock and bottom of the bump stop is only 1.75"

Pacemakr, so you have the blues, one of these days when we get both of our cars together maybe we can trade rides and then post a write up on the differences between them?

Finally got 100 miles on the new suspension system and the heights have evened out, 3 season old Tokiko Illumina shocks,

New Eibach springs and all other wearable suspension parts are also new. Measuring from the top of the wheel arch my heights are,

driver front - 26.125"

driver rear - 26"

passenger front - 26.250"

passenger rear - 25.5"

So my "1inch taller in the front" isn't so cut and dry as it was. The passenger rear has me a little concerned.

• 1 month later...