IGNORED

rebuilding double webbers

ok thank you all for the input but I do have 2 single carbs and i am not sure if they are anything special either i think they might be the su ones you are guys talking about (i bought all my datsun parts and cars wholesale). and also i am just getting into this whole datsun thing so i am learning everything i can. i figured the double webbers would be much better but from what i see su are the best bang for your buck.

• 4 weeks later...

I am also in the process of rebuilding triples, and just bought 3x rebuild kits & manifold vibe mounts from racetep.com. When I called, I asked them to pricematch (as they advertise) webercarbsdirect.com, and their response was that the DCOE rebuild kit from webercarbsdirect uses non-genuine parts from Japan. I don't know who's right, but I paid a little extra and went with racetep.

Weber Carburetors. 818 764-1901 Carbs 40 DCOE 45 DCOE 32/36 32/34 Jeep. Top-End Performance 818 764-1901

If I remember correctly, there is a great write-up done by someone on this site about cleaning up the exterior of a set of triples. I've been looking for it for the last 30min, was it ZsOnDaBrain? Was there extensive use of a dremel? I'll continue looking around for it, it might be useful to add to this thread.

Also, Tom, I have a bunch of pages from Pat Braden's "Weber Carburetors" that you should read. I'll send them to you; give me your e-mail address?

I refreshed a set of these for a friends car once. Took all the needles out and blew carb cleaner through all of them. Make sure u lable each needle and emulsion tube as theres two circuits in each dgv. They are okay carbs. Better than the flat tops by a mile. But after doing this his car is running decent. Dcoes are the bomb. Im hoping to get a pair of old ones to rebuild. Right now i have ztherapy su with sm needles on my lightly modified l28 w/flattops. I love my sus and im convinced its miles more reliable than that junk ltronic fuel injection on the 280zs.

My. 02