IGNORED

rebuilding double webbers

I pulled these off my 240z parts car and I am looking to rebuild them and put them on my 280z with a stroker motor. Any tips or concerns I should have and where to find a rebuild kit in general.I know they are in pretty rough shape but they are definitely rebuildable.

post-29312-14150824364155_thumb.jpg

Stick with SU's or get triples.

The weber downdrafts are not performance carbs. They are optimized for fuel efficiency and WOT.

DGV's are generally used to replace slightly more complex but similarly designed carbs on Japanese engines that the owners and their mechanics can't take the time to learn how to troubleshoot.

I pulled these off my 240z parts car and I am looking to rebuild them and put them on my 280z with a stroker motor. Any tips or concerns I should have and where to find a rebuild kit in general.I know they are in pretty rough shape but they are definitely rebuildable.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63632[/ATTACH]

Follow me here, Tom.

Step 1: Toss DGVs into nearest garbage can.

Step 2: Install triples.

:)

how much of a performance difference are we talking? 2 double barrel carbs doesn't seem like a fuel efficient setup. and if triples are that much better is there any way to get them for under like a thousand from what i am seeing online?

The Weber double barrels have a two stage design. The first is designed for fuel efficiency at idle and cruise by providing a very narrow throat. (Japanese double barrel carbs are even more efficient as they typically have solenoid driven fuel cut circuits, bcdd circuits, and two inter-working idle stages etc.

The problem with down draft carbs on an inline engine is that the fuel and air charge has to turn 90 degrees. Down draft carbs are geometrically more optimal on "V" engines than on "I" engines.

If you cannot get around the price for triples, DO not be afraid to call up Ztherapy and get some 'hot' SU's built. they are Great carbs and when fresh can give you a fantastic driving feel and good performance throughout the rev range.

SU's are wonderful simple carbs that still give pretty good tuning opportunities.

me thinks those are knock offs Blue.

NO Weber logo, and the screws look more generic. The Manifold is also not a Cannon, but a clone of a cannon. I do not even want to think how bad that will fit. The Cannon is sub par.

I suppose they could be. However, all signs point to the vendor being Pierce Manifolds.

The Manifold is definitely not a "clone" of the Cannon, but a TWM (who I believe is owned by Borla now). Considering Pierce supplies these manifolds, that's one clue. The other is the location being Gilroy, CA and the fact that they're selling so many Weber products...

Best bet would be contacting the seller and asking what's up, as that's a good price.

Vol 02 Issue 1.pdfTom,

If you are going to rebuild those, soak them in a strong solvent first to clean. Disassemble then clean the inner passages

Rebuild and use kits like these:

Rebuild kits are at pierce manifolds 28/30 DGV,32/36 DGV, 32 DGR<br><font color="red">92.3238.05</font>

or

webercarb direct 32/36 DGV DGAV DGEV Rebuild Kit

You may have to tune by changing jets.

Here is an article on rebuilding the progressive sync'd version Weber DGAV Carb Rebuild Guide | Classic Ford

Here is an exploded view: http://www.piercemanifolds.com/v/vspfiles/templates/34/images/exploded_DGV5A.gif

More info here: Tech Wiki - Weber 32/36 Carburetor : Datsun 1200 Club

I also added a couple of files with DGV info within.

Vol 01 Issue 3.pdf

I suppose they could be. However, all signs point to the vendor being Pierce Manifolds.

The Manifold is definitely not a "clone" of the Cannon, but a TWM (who I believe is owned by Borla now). Considering Pierce supplies these manifolds, that's one clue. The other is the location being Gilroy, CA and the fact that they're selling so many Weber products...

Best bet would be contacting the seller and asking what's up, as that's a good price.

gosh, that would shock me if it was Pierce and they were fake

I have had nothing but great experience with Pierce.