IGNORED

Repaired the dash!

yoshi_w

That looks GRRREEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Scaotty! Please tell us more of what you used and where you got it. I bought a half cap for mine but now I thinking the same as EuroDat and Z_K of pulling mine over the fall and repairing it like you did. If you have any more pics we would love to see them as well.

A friend of mine and I restored it. He builds and customizes dashes for a living. He does fantastic work as you can see. Im not sure of all the materials he used, but I know we used SEM texture paint. If anyone is interested in having theirs done, I can guarantee his price would be much more fair than most dash restoration places. Here is the final result.post-21483-14150824643594_thumb.jpg

post-21483-14150824642948_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scaotty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Y'all have convinced me (who has no experience in dash repair) to repair my own as well. I will be picking up a spare dash for my early 260 soon and starting to restore it following everyone's tops and posts but I will be trying to do this with items that I can pick up at the local hardware store on a decent budge that anyone can do. Here goes nothing... Looking forward to seeing some results and sharing my progress

I am going to do the same, with a spare 240 dash I have lying around. I'll post progress/results as well. If its any good, I'll install it in my project car and then fix the other one, and maybe sell it....start a mini business here in GA....to pay for the car..