IGNORED

seat spacers

zhead240

are these the seat spacers? when I removed the seats one spacer was on top of the seat bracket, the other was screwed under the nut and washer. can I put both spacers above the seat bracket to raise the seat? is that what it's for?

post-5718-14150823882092_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...

im trying to tighten the rear left nut on  the driver and the rear right nut on the Passenger seat on my 1972 240z  but it seem useless, All the other 3 nuts of each seat are tight and have their plastic spacer also. Could the nut be damaged or am i missing something here? I have attached some pictures as reference. The 4 plastic nuts must be tight. However, this is not happening with these 2 nuts. Anyone?

20190414_115423.jpg

20190414_115428.jpg

Edited by jalexquijano

Although the plastic spacers are threaded, they are not intended to actually secure the seat mount bolt to the floor bracket - that is the job for a metal washer and nut.  The spacers are threaded more as a convenience to keep them in place on the shaft of the rail bolt.  If the metal nut won't tighten, then something is damaged - either the threads on the nut or on the rail bolt.