IGNORED

Fuel pressure

bhermes

Thanks Zed Head. I was hoping that there was something that would not require me to drain the tank and this soulds good. Should I consider some sort of paint/coating after the epoxy. I coated the inside of the tank with Red-Kote and maybe I should do something similar on the outisde just to be safe. I would have hoped that the inside coating would have taken care of this but maybe just didn't fill the hole. Still could be a line not installed back properly but thought I checked.

Will know soon.

If your tank drains empty, it would be a leak in the tank itself. Either that, or maybe your drain plug is dripping. If your tank leaks only partway down, you might check the filler neck.

I used an epoxy patch on that Plymouth's pinhole leak, and it worked fine for the few years longer that I owned it. If I were you, I'd apply the patch with the tank empty. It's VERY easy to drain the tank by removing the drain plug. Be sure to sand the metal very thoroughly before applying the patch, and clean the area very well with acetone.

Had a chance to check the tank leak and it appear to be the filler neck. I assume that this would really only come into play while adding gas or if the tank is full but maybe I am not thinking correctly. I am really not in the mood to drop the tank again but it looks like that is going to be needed at least some of the tank. Although draining the tank is not that big of a deal where to drain the tank with 17 gallons of gas is a little bit of an issue for me.

Beats having a hole in the tank.

Might be easier on a rack.

Thanks.