IGNORED

New look- flares and mirrors

madkaw

I understand your point about the backing plate, but the design of the channel works pretty well . Yes , the weakest link is the screws, but the mirror does give(move) pretty easy if you bump into it, so it absorbs contact well. If I have the inner door panel off, I will remember your point and make a backing plate for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Installed the mirrors per instructions and they look great. The connection point is extremely strong. The screw goes through the plastic insert which increases the grip. These are very solid connections. The mirrors feel more firmly connected than OEM. No vibration either. Best after market fix.

The new mirrors didn't have as long a base as my old ones so had to try my luck at body filler, sanding, priming, painting and clear coat of a small area. Impressed the hell out of myself, though a body guy would know I'm an amateur. Since it's only 2 screw holes and the area around it, it's not very noticeable. The clear coat did wonders and blended everything in nicely. At car show last weekend one would never see.

Installed the mirrors per instructions and they look great. The connection point is extremely strong. The screw goes through the plastic insert which increases the grip. These are very solid connections. The mirrors feel more firmly connected than OEM. No vibration either. Best after market fix.

The new mirrors didn't have as long a base as my old ones so had to try my luck at body filler, sanding, priming, painting and clear coat of a small area. Impressed the hell out of myself, though a body guy would know I'm an amateur. Since it's only 2 screw holes and the area around it, it's not very noticeable. The clear coat did wonders and blended everything in nicely. At car show last weekend one would never see.

Great!!

The only reason I considered flares was for future BIGGER wheels and tires-like 275+ sizes.

Right now 245/45/17 on 8.5 inch rims +04 offset. I need a shorter and skinner tire to keep the stock quarters untouched. Or coilovers and different offset. I really like my suspension and didn't want to screw up a nice thing by changing things up.

Just boils down to getting greedy with the tire size and now paying the price.TTires just rub on tread at the furthest diameter of the tire over hard bumps. Most normal driving everything clears.

• 6 months later...