IGNORED

New look- flares and mirrors

madkaw

Sorry about the first post being a teaser, just got ahead of myself.

Anyhow, here's a bunch of pics-what do you think?

I like them, though a little more 'in your face" attitude, but that's what makes them useful. I liked my California mirrors, but useless.

The longer stems put the mirror much closer to eye level. On the driver's side this is really prevelant and gives you a fantastic view. The mirror stems also push the mirror firther forward on the car which also helps with view

As far as quality, I really like the way their made. The base is solid, and the twin arms(stems) are on ball sockets that allow for a lot of movement. There's no tightening the mirror adjustment, the ball sockets adjust and stay put-they are very tight. The mirror also adjusts, so there is a wide range of adjustments.

Price; 90$ on ebay, a guy had 4 sets. Based on what I have used before, they are a steal.

Time will tell, but they seem to be made well.

post-7622-14150823273506_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150823274155_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150823274745_thumb.jpg

post-7622-1415082327541_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150823276004_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150823276598_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150823277205_thumb.jpg

Edited by madkaw

Hi Steve:

They look pretty nice - a few questions:

Is the mount attached by just sheet metal screws - or are they nuts/bolts?

Do they use the original mounting holes in the Driver Door? Or do you have to drill additional holes?

Let us know how much wind noise they add or don't add - windows up and windows down.

thanks,

Carl B.

Yes , sheetmetal screws. The kit came with plastic inserts for the screws, but then you would have to enlarge the original holes.

If you look at the bracket, it is made to accommodate various spacing.

No wind noise driving today - windows up.

• 2 weeks later...

It will be tough to cut those rust free quarters, but it's going to happen. I only see my wheel size getting bigger, not smaller. I am well beyond rolling fenders now, and I don't want to go to coil-overs. I like my suspension and stance and riding on rubber strut tops.

I do really like the ZG look and it should compliment my paint job well.

The mirrors look great!! I tried the MSA California outside mirrors and have been disappointed with them, especially the passenger side. About all I can do there is pretend to see out of it and have it symmetrically match the drivers side.

I got my ZG flares from Z Force Productions and have been extremely happy with them. I had to have new quarter panels welded in on both sides due to rust and mostly bad previous repairs/improvements. The PO had flares incorporated into the quarter panels. When I had the new quarters installed I didn't even think about the tire clearance. Sitting empty the tires just cleared. Once weight was added the passenger side for some reason rubbed more than drivers side. Tried rolling fenders a number of times and just couldn't get the clearance. Was very worried about taking the "knife" to her, but the guy I had do the work did an awesome job. He welded the inner tubs to the new edge of the quarters and needed almost no filler at the end.

The look is great and I have plenty of clearance, even if I decide to go up in size for tires. Just can't remember off the top of my head what size I'm running now, but I believe I have 16's on. I'm at work and since it is still winter here for sure, haven't looked too closely at her for want of driving and wrenching on her. Haven't convinced the wife to put heat in the garage just yet, but almost there. A mud room area in the garage I plan on putting in this summer I think will do the trick. I need to update pics of my car. Looks a lot different now than the pics I still have up.