Z Tool Set - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Z Tool Set

Featured Replies

I haven't had any luck finding a Z tool set in good to excellent condition. I need a lug wrench, jack handle and rod, tire stoppers, tool bag and lug nuts. Was this set used in any other Datsun of the era?

Thanks,

Fixitman

I've seen good sets on eBay from time to time. I don't recall lug nuts being part of the package, though.

When the dealers added on Mag wheels, the OEM spare required different lug nuts. So the dealers would retain a set of the original lug nuts and include them in the toolkit.

Affirmative, 4 lug nuts came in a little pouch:

post-21817-1415082297865_thumb.jpg

Interesting...There is more than one type of wheel chocks, too. I have two sets that do not fold flat. One set was in my 74. The other set I bought from eBay for my 73. Does anybody know when that changed?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Hi,

I suggest you look on ebay - less than 48 hours ago I spotted a couple of tool sets with bags and wasn't searching for them. They looked like mine - Series 1

Regards,

George

Interesting...There is more than one type of wheel chocks, too. I have two sets that do not fold flat. One set was in my 74. The other set I bought from eBay for my 73. Does anybody know when that changed?

I have an early 1974 260z and the wheel chocks also dont fold flat. I second the request

FWIW, the photo I showed is from a bag I pulled out of a '78 280z.

  • Author
I have an early 1974 260z and the wheel chocks also dont fold flat. I second the request

I don't know the starting year, but the folding wheel chocks were part of the 280Z tool package.

My 11/75 - 76-280 has the rigid ones.

My 11/75 - 76-280 has the rigid ones.

Good info. I suspect the folding wheel chocks started with the 77 model since the tool bins weren't easily accessible due to the changes made starting that model year.

My tool set is still in the wrapper. The wheel chocks are not in the wrapper and are solid.

post-23233-14150822982983_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.