Anyone have spare Motor Mount Brackets - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Anyone have spare Motor Mount Brackets

Featured Replies

I've done too much work so far to cut corners and try to use 'straightened' motor mount brackets. Likely was bent when pulling the motor. Anyone have a spare set lying around? My eBay options start at $80, which seems extreme considering the number of parts cars lying around. Nearest junkyard that I know will have them is nearly 2 hours away. Should have addressed this a long while ago.

post-21817-14150822957808_thumb.jpg

I just took a better look at the mounts from the ZX, and the are not the same. The later brackets have a gusset welded in the center to... well... prevent exactly what happened to yours. :) I suspect they bolt up identically, but if you're looking for concourse replacement, then what I've got is off the table.

Here's one of the ZX mounts

P1030356_zps08e3724c.jpg

PS - My 77 also has the reinforcing gusset, so they figured it out some time before 77.

Edited by Captain Obvious

I always thought the L28 had the reinforced mounts from day one. I have also seen them on an early 76 280Z.

Chas

I have them on mine 11/75 - 76 -280.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

My 73 240Z has the open brackets. My 74 260Z and 75 280Z both hav ethe closed brackets. From what I can tell they are interchangeable.

To the OP: I have a set of the open brackets you can have. Send me a PM if oyu still need them.

  • Author

Thanks all for the help,

Capt. Obvious reached out yesterday with a set of the reinforced brackets. These are going on my '71, which should (fingers crossed) put down 200-210 hp at the wheels, so the reinforcements are likely a wise upgrade.

Cheers,

Bill

  • Author

He's definitely helping me out quickly in a pinch. I'm hoping it will get up and go. We'll see! Maybe a month or so left until it should be rumbling for the first time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.