My Datsun 240Z - Page 51 - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

My Datsun 240Z

Featured Replies

  • Author

Guys... Does anyone know where to get vintage mag wheel replicas? I bought fenton mags from somebody years ago they where warped, i brought them to a wheel shop to get straightened. I recently put new tires but sadly they are still warped from the heart out, i saw it on the balancer. There was always a little vibration in the steering wheel and car and its now time to deal this.. i don't drive long distances but its time to get new wheels and deal with this. 

 

For my mustang i bought American racing wheels, and they have that vintage look... I want to keep the same for the Datsun.

 

Any advice on wheels 14 inch? I would prefer 14 so i can keep the new tires and the vintage look

Bart, what about some nice 260z alu wheels for your 240z? I think they look very nice on the 240z. As you want it original.. some steel wheels with orig. covers would be the best but second are those nice alu 260z wheels.. you know who will have a set.. 😉

  • Author

I dont like those Mart. I will ask around. I can find some vintage 14 inch wheels on the internet used. But big chance these are warped to.

My wheels are Fenton Gyros... I googled and found not so nice things about them 🤐

 

Dunlop T-E Lemans 24 wheels 14x6 et10 4x114.3 | eBay

I really love these, but so hard to find. He lives in NL but only has 2.

There are also replica z432 but I believe these are not approved for safety DOT

 

On the link, that left rim in pic1 has a dent on 3 o'clock and the right one is/seems unround at 7..

And also, find 2 others..

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
On 10/23/2024 at 8:11 AM, bartsscooterservice said:

What is the stock ET value for 240Z steel wheels?   Does anyone know 

Any one knows the stock et value?

 

 

 

 

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2024 at 7:12 AM, bartsscooterservice said:

Any one knows the stock et value?

The 1972 FSM says the ET is 15mm for the 5 inch wide wheels.

I did not find documentation of what the earlier 4 1/2 inch wheels had for ET (offset), but I took some quick crude measurements comparing the 4 1/2 inch to the 5 inch wheels and it appears they added 1/4 inch to each side. If that is the case, then the ET would be the same for the 4 1/2 inch wheels.

 

  • 1 year later...
  • Author

Oke guys time for an update. Long gone, but I read the Forum in between. The 240Z is offcourse still with me. I drive it every summer period. Last 5 years been big changes in my life, I became uncle Bart 😉 and been busy with friends other projects ( 67 chevelle restoration) , my own company gets more and more busy... You know what they say life gets in the way... Anyhow my classics will not go! I keep making time for them. I love it, its my second hobby besides the bikes. I also have 4 classic 50cc bikes now and 2 90s scooters from my youth added to the collection all restored.

The 70 Mustang I also still have. Last 2 years ive been wrestling with 2 paint shops ( one was bad ) getting new paint on it and new back window seal. Next Tuesday its going back for a third attempt on the leaking seal 😂💀. I told them how to do it with the proper 3M sealant but stubborn. Anyhow that will get solved. Paint job is beautiful now.

Meanwhile the 240Z is having major interior service, things needed to be done: choke lever Repair and lube, Audio wires re route ( was wrong, repaired center console and heater cables ( didnt function properly anymore) , new electric radio antenna, rebuild starter motor, new battery cables+ -, and some more interior work little details, and large maintenance on the underside etc this year. Next year replace fuel tank ( i got a new one from S30 world) . Also still planning to do the original 5 speed conversion i have and the complete stainless exhaust. But that is for coming years.

So a little update from my side guys 😅. Turning 40 next year. I was 25 when i bought the 240Z.

IMG_20260702_203517.jpg

IMG_20260702_203731.jpg

IMG_20260630_145346.jpg

  • Author

I get the new better vintage mag wheels to. But they need to be stripped of poedercoating first, then checked and polished or maybe ill Chrome them

IMG-20251119-WA0012.jpeg

2 hours ago, bartsscooterservice said:

So a little update from my side guys 😅. Turning 40 next year. I was 25 when i bought the 240Z.

Hi Bart, so to also do a little update.. your as old as my new girlfriend.. HAHAHA, really! She is 38 at the moment.. speaks english.. to sugardad. ;-)

But she has Duchenne/becker.. oh well you know i'm a basketcase myself, so why not two bascetcases together! Just have FUN! 😃

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.