My Datsun 240Z - Page 52 - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

My Datsun 240Z

Featured Replies

  • Author

Not sitting still here .. doing large maintenance. Underside + wheel wels new tectyl, hollow areas wax, paint things left and right. New aluminium original brake drums back ( i had cast iron replica on it ) i found good ones. Engine new Paint 2 coats por15 + engine parts+ air filter new paint engine bay new paint + 2k clear etc.

I want to be done for the coming years.

IMG_20260726_200910.jpg

IMG_20260726_200224.jpg

IMG_20260726_200214.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...

Looking good! Hope to admire your Z sometime in the future.

I’ll be visiting Mart with my 280z this weekend to admire his ZX and rummage true his parts pile. And most importantly picking up a replacement 5 speed gearbox for the Z with the Z. The second gear syngro is busted and fifth gear is currently a neutral. 😅

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
10 hours ago, Mitchel0407 said:

Looking good! Hope to admire your Z sometime in the future.

I’ll be visiting Mart with my 280z this weekend to admire his ZX and rummage true his parts pile. And most importantly picking up a replacement 5 speed gearbox for the Z with the Z. The second gear syngro is busted and fifth gear is currently a neutral. 😅

Sure. Come around if you have some time. Mart has my adress. Sent me a message beforehand im not always around.

  • Author

The 2k clear in the engine bay needs 72h to fully harden out so I cleaned the garage up today 😉. I did start on the steering wheel refurbishment though. One pic is how it took it off, you can still see the original mahony red color on the back of the spokes where the fingers never touched, the lighter brown is worn. I blasted the center, 2k clear laying around so I used it.. I know it's shiny black but I like it 😉. Steering wheel wood used stripper then sanded it wet in a bucket full of water. Mahony red stain will be next then clear.. will be nice 😁

IMG_20260805_150559.jpg

IMG_20260805_143056.jpg

IMG_20260805_153305.jpg

IMG_20260805_155848.jpg

IMG_20260805_165001.jpg

IMG_20260805_163247.jpg

IMG_20260805_195108.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.