IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

Bart, I'm curious to know the street price for your car in Euros if you were to sell it in Europe?

Also, would you know if Z's are priced higher in other western European countries?

I really have no idea :( , Japanese classic cars still don't seem to hold much value here, maybe the same situation as in the US ?

I see Mustangs and Corvette's going for much higher prices, even a " project " will go for 8 to 10 k euro. I went to Stolze last time, and they asked 16k for a '' project '' C3 corvette from 1972 :S

Don't know about othern Western countries, but I don't think much of a difference.

It's going to get the roof removed and new paint this winter, which is now a minus factor if I would sell it, which I won't haha.

We do have a new classic car rule here since last year, anything over 40 years old doesn't pay road tax, so cars from 1974 or earlier will be worth more here.

Bart, I'm curious to know the street price for your car in Euros if you were to sell it in Europe?

Also, would you know if Z's are priced higher in other western European countries?

There are just a handfull of early Z cars here in The Netherlands. It was not that populair here then in the United States back then. My dad had one in the 70's here, and he said he almost never saw another 240Z back in the days here..

• 3 weeks later...

Last saturday I went to another classic car event in the village of Borculo. ( I can't seem to find pictures of it so far ). Also saw a Nissan GTR and ended up talking with the director of Nissan, Herwers Group. He said he also had some classic Z's in the past, his thought's where that Nissan should go back to making an affordable sports car like the 240Z's goal was back in the time.

On the way back I found the 240Z was running strange it would not go past 4.5 k rpm. Back home on Sunday I checked the ignition, and found the timing was shifted because the bolt that holds the distributor was worn out, when I tried to fasten it broke of. ( see picture ).

2uyoa2p.jpg

Lucky a friend who has alot of 240Z parts had one laying around, and the problem was fixed in the evening.

Today I went to a radiator repair shop to check about my temp meter, I thought the car was running to hot when pushed. But we checked with a heat gun, when the meter on the dash was showing 3/4 the car measured only 76 to 78c , according to the shop that was normal even a bit to low. So that's good news, I know now the meter is not that accurate.