IGNORED

240z Inspection Light Source?

ksbeta

I'm looking for two new/restored Gold Zinc Plated Engine Inspection Lights. Anyone have spares, or know a source?

MSA, ZCar Source, Datsun Spirit, and Banzai Motorworks are all out of stock.

Motorsport! Engine Inspection Light, 70-83 Z/ZX - The Z Store! Nissan-Datsun 240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-300ZX(Z31/Z32)-350Z-370Z Parts

Datsun Nissan 240z 260z 280z 280zx Engine Inspection Light

Banzai Motorworks

Thanks!

I appreciate the look. There certainly are a few, but again I'm looking for something in that gold-zinc. I'll keep checking eBay though, you never know what'll show up. Digging a little more brought up this one, but I'm not sure it's in quite the condition I'm looking for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-NISSAN-Engine-Compartment-Inspection-Lamp-Assembly-/330824951625?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d06b42749&vxp=mtr

Edited by ksbeta

I appreciate the look. There certainly are a few, but again I'm looking for something in that gold-zinc. I'll keep checking eBay though, you never know what'll show up. Digging a little more brought up this one, but I'm not sure it's in quite the condition I'm looking for:

Datsun Nissan Engine Compartment Inspection Lamp Assembly | eBay

The listing says new, but they are about as new as I am.

You can still get them from nissan, but I dont know if they are gold zinc? Nissan still lists them for the 720 trucks which had them well into the 80's, 1986 I think.

I have also seen a thread here, but have to look for it. I think thread was something like "engine bay light".

You can still get them from nissan

I just tried my Nissan Dealership with P/N 26740-89902 to no avail. He recognized the P/N when I said it too... must have worked there awhile.

I'll see if I can find that thread. It looks like they only became NLA about 2-3 months ago.

All the aftermarket shops were out of stock, or at least all the ones I looked at in my first post there.

I tried P/N 26740-10W00, which might be the P/N for the 720 Truck (Ref: Engine Inspection Light - Classic Zcar Club Reviews). The dealership looked it up and there were a few left in the supply system, so barring bad data, hopefully I got lucky. I'll let you know how that goes.