IGNORED

Lug Nut Question: This one will test ya!!

Dr. 240Z

Hi,

I've got a 71 240Z and would like to replace the rusty lug nuts. It's been suggested to purchase 'McGards'. I'm okay with that but a web search only lists McGards for a 260Z.

Question: Do the 240Z's share the same lug nut specs as as the 260Z's?

Thanks,

George

Not so fast George... You never said what wheels are on your 240Z. Are they the stock steel wheels, or are they one of the many styles of dealer installed alloys? The lugnuts are different for steel and alloy wheels. Steel wheels use a standard open end cone nut, while the alloys use a shank style nut with a closed end and a washer.

Not so fast George... You never said what wheels are on your 240Z. Are they the stock steel wheels, or are they one of the many styles of dealer installed alloys? The lugnuts are different for steel and alloy wheels. Steel wheels use a standard open end cone nut, while the alloys use a shank style nut with a closed end and a washer.

Thats what I said in my response,... all "Factory steel wheels" use the same lug nuts,..240z, 260z and 280z.

He had asked if the nuts for a 260z would fit on a 240z. That is still true even with alloy wheels,...the lugs enterchange between all 1st generation Z cars.

Edited by dltalfa

Thats what I said in my response,... all "Factory steel wheels" use the same lug nuts,..240z, 260z and 280z.

He had asked if the nuts for a 260z would fit on a 240z. That is still true even with alloy wheels,...the lugs enterchange between all 1st generation Z cars.

I hear you, but the OP might not have known that they are different. Just because the McGard lugnuts say they fit a 260, doesn't mean they fit the OP's wheels. He never said if the McGard nuts are for steel wheels or aftermarket. The fact that he doesn't know that the 240 and 260 nuts are the same tells me he doesn't have the in-depth knowledge of the S30 like some of us have.

I hear you, but the OP might not have known that they are different. Just because the McGard lugnuts say they fit a 260, doesn't mean they fit the OP's wheels. He never said if the McGard nuts are for steel wheels or aftermarket. The fact that he doesn't know that the 240 and 260 nuts are the same tells me he doesn't have the in-depth knowledge of the S30 like some of us have.

Good point!! :)

Good call Michael. I looked at the picture, but I don't recognize the wheels he has. They appear to be aftermarket, but I've never seen them before. His best bet would be to remove one of the nuts, post photos, and measure the key dimensions.