IGNORED

40 Years of Nissan Z

bpilati

It's neat to know that the front fender, headlamp housing, the hatch and hatch hinge were specially designed for the model. It really IS a new design; they didn't just use or borrow other designs for the car. I'm glad they didn't make a car with an underframe or targa roof. It would be 500 or so LBs heavier than it already is.

How come they didn't mention the Z has 50 years of history behind it? I suppose they didn't read Mr. K's book.

Does this mean that we all now agree Matsuo-san designed the car?

Is there a transcript? Mr. Matsuo was hard to hear.

Edited by TomoHawk

"He needs to be eating his own dog food". Can anybody catch the serial number of the Vintage Z at time 5:33? Same old 'factory' blunder about the Vintage Z. Disappointing. I would need to know the VIN to be sure, but in all probability that car was restored by PierreZ in California. None of the Vintage Zs were restored by Nissan Motor Co. at a factory facility. And Matsuo san is saying the same things he was saying in 2004 however this is the first I have heard of him test driving the prototypes at night. I need to look at the Music Air Graffitti video again.

I couldn't make out the serial number.

You gotta remember who target-audience is when you hear or see those things. I wonder if they purposely had those little details out-of-focus in case people like 26th are watching. I'll watch it again soon. It's probably best to watch this on your big-screen with your eyeglasses OFF.

Edited by TomoHawk

Maybe someone can send a message over to thost MotoMan people, that they need to do a little more research or at least confirm what they say, such as when he said "Nissan restored." Did he mean Nissan restored it, or did they sponsor the restoration? That's a big difference.

Edited by TomoHawk

they have a difference in the pronunciation of Goertz too; From JartZ to Jo-ertz to Go-ertz... At least Mr. Rodriguez's Japanese sounded convincing.

I don't think Mr. Matsuo liked being called a "test-driver." from what he said, it seems like he just wanted to go out in the car one night and try it out, and surprised the heck out of himself.

Edited by TomoHawk