IGNORED

My two swiss S30Z Fairlady Restoration build thread

JDMjunkies.ch

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't got much to show you honestly. The House / Workshop / Garage build is coming along nicely and keeps me distracted from the car projects. And that for at least another 6 months. And the panelbeater is recovering from a broken nose and i'snt able to work at the moment.
However This saturday was a milestone in that: I went to check out some potential new garage lifts. The grey one is actually my favourite so far:
DSC_2918-Kopie.jpg

However i felt like i HAVE to do something for the cars every now and then. so i decided to take apart the FET intake manifold. so i can have the parts cleaned and replated with my next load. Before:
P1220705-Kopie.jpg

During
P1220706-Kopie.jpg

And after. It surely does look good in my opinion ? Will be even better once it's blasted, cleaned and all the parts are plated and back into position...
P1220707-Kopie.jpg

• Like 1

It seems like currently nice parts are looking for me, rather then i'm looking for them ?
But lets start at the beginning. The garage-build is coming along nicely, with temporary lighting now installed:
P1220761-Kopie.jpg

With the House-build as a first priority now, i don't look for parts atm. But then (as with the mikuni's i bought lately) something popped up for a great price which has been on my shopping list for quite a while: A NOS splash under guard panel, which arrived today:
P1220806-Kopie.jpg

I think now i have officially all the body panels together, including the "optional" parts, or parts that are, say, more functional than visible. This will prevent the engine bay from getting too dirty and wet. Since these panels are prone to stone chips, most of them are quite dented and rusty, or completely missing (as it was on both of my cars), so it's rare to come along a nice piece like this one. And for a reasonable price that too..
P1220807-Kopie.jpg

The seller in Hungary was also nice enough to add a free set of what i assume are reproduction Datsun / Nissan colour code stickers. I need to investigate further on these. Paint is still far away in my project so i haven't spent too much time investigating on all those small details like stickers. But i absolutely love them. Thanks a lot for those!
P1220808-Kopie.jpg

• 1 month later...

This all started with a friend who was asking for my help to import some strut tower braces for an MX-5 for one of his friends. So i made an offer. Then he decided to add some small pieces for himself for his Kenmeri Skyline build. And when i realized i had to order bits and pieces from shops like rubber-soul, M-Speed, RS-Start and Revive Jalopy, i decided it couldn't be wrong to add a few bits and pieces for my own 240Z project. That's when another friend of ours stepped in and was asking for some Parts for his Hakosuka build. So today i finally got the big order of small bits and pieces from Japan.
These were the parts for me:
Rubber soul / NGK blue spark plug wires, that will fit my colour theme perfectly:
P1230436-Kopie.jpg

Some rubber trunk lid / hatch stoppers
P1230502-Kopie.jpg

a Factory R160 / R180 / R200 Differential Service manual
P1230440-Kopie.jpg

P1230441-Kopie.jpg

Window wiper boots:
P1230438-Kopie.jpg

Windscreen washer nozzles:
P1230437-Kopie.jpg

rear drum cylinder rubbers:
P1230505-Kopie.jpg

And a free rubber soul calendar
P1230489-Kopie.jpg

And some free catalogues:
P1230490-Kopie.jpg

And then the KGC10 Hakosuka Skyline GT parts:
P1230497-Kopie.jpg

P1230496-Kopie.jpg

P1230494-Kopie.jpg

P1230501-Kopie.jpg

P1230493-Kopie.jpg

P1230492-Kopie.jpg

And then some Kenmeri / Yonmeri Skyline GC110 parts:
P1230491-Kopie.jpg

P1230506-Kopie.jpg

P1230503-Kopie.jpg

P1230504-Kopie.jpg

P1230498-Kopie.jpg

P1230499-Kopie.jpg

P1230500-Kopie.jpg

P1230495-Kopie.jpg

P1230507-Kopie.jpg

P1230436-Kopie.jpg

5 hours ago, Patcon said:

I like those washer sprayers. They look great. Are they NOS?

Not 100% sure, i don't think they're nos, but replated items or reproduction. anyway, the look awesome and all the details are right. they even offer two different versions depending on the year of the car ?

4 hours ago, 240260280 said:

NGK NE61 plug wires are easy to get locally: https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=20577

Yes i know, but since i was ordering there anyway, i thought i get them along ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nothing big, but finally something car related again ? I recently got contacted by a nice guy in Czechia who just made sets of OEM reproduction stickers for all those inspection and small supplier stickers which will need replacement when the car is done for the people who know. Got them today. From the first sight they seem pretty nice with those glossy finnish, etc. But will compare them at another point. Nevertheless. something to keep the project alive. Also bought some more stuff which should arrive here by next week or so.
P1240111-Kopie.jpg

• Like 2